Human Resources Business Partner
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the
WorldHuman Resources Business PartnerEssential duties and
responsibilities include the following :
- Acts as an initial employee/manager point of contact for, and
performs routine tasks related to the administration, execution,
and tracking of human resource activities including but not limited
to staffing, compensation; leave; recognition and morale; training
and development; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations;
performance and talent management; and manager coaching.
- Partners with recruiting to facilitate hiring, selection, and
- Monitors and tracks HR metrics for assigned contracts.
- Acts as a liaison between employees, leaders, and
division/corporate departments including benefits and payroll.
- Partner with Program management to identify attrition issues
and trends and implement appropriate strategies and solutions to
address retention challenges.
- Provide proactive guidance to managers/employees on performance
management (coaching, career development, counseling, and/or
disciplinary actions), communications and training, employee
relations issues, interpretation of employment laws and company
policies and procedures.
- Investigate employee complaints/allegations in accordance with
- Supports compliance efforts, including the communication and
dissemination of company policies, as well as federal, state, and
local employment laws and regulations.
- Support program HR and HRIS activities to including tasks
related to contract bid and new award set-up; validating HRIS data
accuracy; org chart alignment; option year Service Contract Act pay
rate, wage, health & welfare changes; service bridge processing;
vacation/leave info; and other key information. Identifying errors
and makes corrections and/or surfaces with appropriate program
- Responds to employment-related questions from applicants,
employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive
matters to the appropriate staff. Conducts appropriate follow-up
and helps close out inquiries.
- Support program and company initiatives. track status and
prepares reports for analysis and distribution on such activities.
Helps identify best practices and makes recommendations to improve
the employee/manager experience including new hire assimilation,
training, and performance management.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings,
terminations, and investigations. Assists with interviews,
documentation, and reports.
- Drive change awareness by ongoing development of knowledge of
trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in
human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Will be assigned own client base, with oversight from HR
- May be assigned special projects and performs other duties as
- Conduct routine visits to assigned contracts where applicable
located primarily in Northern Virginia, Washington, DC and
Maryland.Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Ability to analyze and problem-solve when faced with new
questions or initiatives.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and direct to appropriate
department when appropriate.
- Must act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
with all levels of employees.
- Working knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations,
and ability to research for updates and changes.
- Candidate must possess excellent communication skills and a
demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of
- Candidate must have demonstrated ability to operate multiple
and complex administrative processes; solid judgment and the
ability to analyze and problem-solve is required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the
organizations HRIS and talent management systems. Experience with
Workday and Costpoint preferred.Desired Qualifications, Skills and
- Experience with government contracting
- Knowledge of Service Contract Act regulations/wage
determinations and experience with SCA contracts.
- SHRM-CP/PHR a plus.Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years related experience working with human
resources principles, practices, and procedures preferred.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field
or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated experience in providing HR leadership and guidance
to a large, diverse client base.
- Demonstrated experience in independently assessing and
resolving a variety of employee relations issues from
identification to resolution.
- Knowledge of HR Laws and disciplines including recruiting,
talent management, compensation practices, organizational
diagnosis, employee relations, training and development, diversity,
performance management, and federal and state employment laws.
- Ability to obtain secret level clearance
- Capability to conduct site visits to meet with managers and
employeesAmentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our
hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without
regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age,
United States military veterans status, ancestry, sexual
orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition
including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status,
or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions
of the job can be performed with or without reasonable
accommodation, or any other protected category under federal,
state, or local law.EEO is the Law Poster
is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: Amentum, Chantilly , Human Resources Business Partner, Human Resources , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!