Tier 2 Senior Systems Administrator - TS/SCI with poly
Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Tier 2 Senior Systems Administrator - TS/SCI with poly Job
Locations USA-VA-Chantilly Job ID 2019-67015 Number of Positions 1
Job Function Information Technology Security Clearance Level Top
Secret/SCI Full/Part Time Full Time Job Description Manages the
functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one
or more operating systems
- Responsible for designing and implementing information systems
which will adequately support the enterprise infrastructure of the
- Analyzes system requirements and ensures that systems will
offer security and will be effectively integrated with current
- Ensures that all systems are working at optimal levels and
offers support to application development department regarding new
technologies and system requirements. Has deep understanding of
infrastructure, application programming, and web and software
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and
accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks.
- May lead and direct the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Typically reports to a manager or head of a
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of VMs and
applications running on one or more operating systems.
- Provides operational support and management of our Customers
Software Services Portal, making decisions on fix actions that may
be needed in order to solve the issue at hand.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and
- Manages patch releases of the customer Mission IT systems with
the appropriate parties
- Manages the account administration of the customer IT
- Maintains documentation that is specific to the customer IT
systems for our roles on the program
- Interacts with users and developers to evaluate issues and
- Administers fix actions to reported issues associated with the
customer IT systems
- May need to program or code in an administrative language.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Participates in special projects as required. Education
BA/BSdegree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of
education, training, and experience Qualifications 5+years of
directly related experience supporting information systems
- Requires Security+ Certification.
- AWS, Unix experience
- Responsible for patching applications and VMs in a cloud
- Coordinate with engineering teams on deployment of new services
into the environment
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and Atlassian tools is
beneficial.Must possess an appropriate and current DoD Information
Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment;
either valid CompTIA Security+ CE, Systems Security Certified
Practitioner (SSCP) or Cisco Certified Network Associate
(CCNA)-Security. CompTIA Security+ CE Certification is the
preferred certification. In addition, candidate must attain the
required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Training within six
(6) months of Hire Date.Due to the sensitive nature of the work
being done for this government client, all candidates must hold a
TS/SCI with Polygraph.As part of your role/function on the program
you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users
aresubject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the
significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please beaware that
because of these critical duties you will be subject to additional
IT system monitoring; andsupervisory evaluation to ensure
continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures.
PrivilegedUsers are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security
violations.We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most
complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the
country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand
and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways
clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We
ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the
ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between.
Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission
services needed to get the job done.GDIT is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected
class. Options Share Sorry the Share function is not working
properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again
later. Share on your newsfeed! Need help finding the right job? We
can recommend jobs specifically for you! Application FAQs
Keywords: General Dynamics Information Technology, Chantilly , Tier 2 Senior Systems Administrator - TS/SCI with poly, IT / Software / Systems , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!