Data Scientist Technical Specialist
Posted on: March 28, 2020
OverviewTechnology is constantly changing and our adversaries
are digitally exceeding law enforcement's ability to keep pace.
Those charged with protecting the United States are not always able
to access the evidence needed to prosecute crime and prevent
terrorism. The Government has trusted in Peraton to provide the
technical ability, tools, and resources to bring criminals to
justice. In response to this challenge, these employees provide
proven, industry leading cloud development experience for our
enforcement customer. At Peraton you will help protect our national
security by working with our countries law enforcement customer to
solve their big data challenges. Peraton is looking for a talented
Data Scientist, to analyzing production data which will lead to the
program choosing right-fit technology
solutions.ResponsibilitiesWhat you'll do---
- Work closely with entity resolution subject matter experts,
program engineers and stakeholders to integrate complex data
sources into operation and develop new analytics and
- Support advanced data exploitation capabilities using Hadoop
- Enhance the data processing infrastructure using open source
and commercial technologies
- Capture and define requirements for entity resolution features
and functionality from a UI end-user perspective
- Analyze documentation and source data of new data
- Provide O&M monitoring and resolution of production web
services using monitoring tools including Ganglia, Jenkins, and
- Modify pipeline scripts to enhance functionality and support
- Resolve bugs by modifying pipeline scripts and entity
resolution explanation service scripts
- Coordinate development efforts in an agile team
QualificationsYou'd be a great fit if---
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science,
or other related analytical, scientific, or technical discipline.
Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Have 10 years of experience with scripting languages, such as
Python, used in support of development and production
- Have 10 years of experience analyzing and reporting on large
It'd be even better if you---
- Experience with designing and implementing custom machine
- Experience with graph algorithms and semantic Web.
- Experience with using SQL to conduct complex database
- Knowledge of descriptive and inferential statistics, including
- Ability to apply supervised and unsupervised machine learning
algorithms for clustering, classification, and dimensionality
- Ability to communicate information in verbal or written formats
to a senior executive audience.
- Knowledge of commercial Cloud services used by the IC.
- Experience with using Apache Spark to aggregate and analyze
large data sets from various sources.
What you'll get---
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development
- The ability to influence major initiatives
SECURITY CLEARANCE This position requires the candidate to have an
active Top Secret security clearance and ability to maintain the
clearance.About PeratonAt Peraton, we're at the forefront of
delivering the next breakthrough in national security, every day.
We're the partner of choice to help solve some of the world's most
daunting challenges. How? By thinking differently. We're not mired
in the past. We look at all problems with fresh eyes. We look past
the obvious to bring the best talent, tech, and ideas together to
completely transform how problems are solved. So bring your unique
ideas, your entrepreneurial spirit, and your drive to succeed. Get
ready to be part of something bigger. Get ready to do the can't be
done.EEO StatementWe are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender
identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status,
veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship
status, or membership in any other group protected by federal,
state, or local law.
Keywords: Peraton, Chantilly , Data Scientist Technical Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!