Linux Systems Engineer- Space Missions
Posted on: May 15, 2020
Peraton is seeking a Systems Engineer in Chantilly, VA to
support our Intelligence Community customer as part of a highly
talented, highly motivated and high-performing team. As part of the
System Engineering team you will support an exciting program which
involves design, development, test, and deployment of an exciting
and complex system in an Agile construct to contribute to mission
success for a variety of stakeholders. What you'll do
- Build software intensive systems in a team-oriented
environment. Specify, design, integrate, test, configure, deploy,
train, and document distributed information/knowledge management
systems with developmental components from multiple vendors for
world-wide distributed information dissemination, communications,
intelligence, and command and control systems. You'd be a great fit
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Computer
Science or related field. Additional experience may be considered
in lieu of degree
- You have 5+ years of verifiable related experience
- Experience working with Linux-based operating systems,
virtualization technologies, scripting languages for task
automation, and system configuration automation software (Puppet,
Chef, Ansible, etc..)
- System integration and testing, and system configuration of
networked services, file systems, and authentication
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- You posses an active Top Secret/SCI clearance It'd be even
better if you---
- Experience in designing, developing, and integrating a complete
satellite ground system to include infrastructure, processing
frameworks, and software components.
- Familiarity with any or all of the following, preferably in a
satellite ground system context: Object-oriented development
practices and processes, distributed computing technologies, web
services, SOA, networking technologies, requirements management
tools, scripting, automated test tools, modeling and simulation,
and/or security certification and accreditation processes.
- Experience working with Windows and Linux operating
- Experience with distributed computing technologies.
- Experience with virtualization technologies (e.g. OpenStack,
Citrix XenServer Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, and/or VMWare),
Docker Containers, Ansible, and Heat templates.
- Experience with front end processing and network gateway
appliances and /or software.
- Experience working in a customer environment and/or a
classified environment. What you'll get---
- An immediately-vested 401(K)
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule and 10 federal holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition reimbursement
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives Security
Clearance--- This position requires the candidate to have an active
TS/SCI Security Clearance. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender,
gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital
status, veteran status, disability, genetic information,
citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by
federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Peraton, Chantilly , Linux Systems Engineer- Space Missions, IT / Software / Systems , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!