Infrastructure Engineer- Linux/AWS
Posted on: September 14, 2020
Technology is constantly changing and our adversaries are
digitally exceeding law enforcement's ability to keep pace. Those
charged with protecting the United States are not always able to
access the evidence needed to prosecute crime and prevent
terrorism. The Government has trusted in Peraton to provide the
technical ability, tools, and resources to bring criminals to
justice. In response to this challenge, Peraton is seeking an
Infrastructure Engineer to provide proven, industry leading
capabilities to our customer.
What you'll do---
* Day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for
operating systems---and servers.
* Perform software installations and upgrades to operating systems
and layered software packages.
* Schedule installations and upgrades and maintains them in
accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Monitors
and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
* Ensure workstation/server data integrity by evaluating,
implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware
solutions of varying complexities.
* Ensure data/media recoverability by developing and implementing a
schedule of system backups and database archive operations. Plans
and implements the modernization of servers.
* Develop, implement and promote standard operating procedures and
* Conduct hardware and software audits of workstations and servers
to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and
* Improve automation, configuration management and DevOps
You'd be a great fit if---
* You've obtained a BS degree and have ten (10) years of years of
systems engineering/administration experience.However, equivalent
experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
* You possess five (5) years of experience with virtualization
* You have five (5) years of experience coordinating activities of
technology product and service vendors and leading technical
infrastructure design activities
* You have a current Top Secret security clearance with SCI
eligibility and the ability to obtain a polygraph
It'd be even better if you---
* Have experience with scripting on Linux platforms
* Worked with configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef)
* Have experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins,
* Have knowledge of Container orchestration tools (Kubernetes,
* Are comfortable with search indexing engines, like Solr, Elastic
Search, or Lucene
* Have experience maintaining or developing Extract Transform Load
(ETL) processes against unstructured / semi-structured / structured
* Have experience with developing, building, or maintaining
solutions using AWS cloud technologies
What you'll get...
* An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
* Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
* Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
* Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
* Paid maternity and paternity leave
* Company-paid infertility treatments
* Cross-training and professional development opportunities
* The ability to influence major initiatives
* This position requires the candidate to have a current Top Secret
security clearance and the ability to obtain a polygraph. Candidate
must possess SCI eligibility.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, Chantilly , Infrastructure Engineer- Linux/AWS, IT / Software / Systems , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!