Linux Systems Administrator
Company: Kudu Dynamics, LLC
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Who You Are
- A U.S. citizen with the ability to qualify for and maintain a
Top Secret security clearance.
- Have an B.A. or equivalent experience in IT or a related
- Have 3 years of experience in the domain, specifically with
end-user support, Linux systems, systems integration, network
management, and Unix/Linux-based workstations.
- Identify multiple creative solutions to problems, including the
strengths and weaknesses of each approach, and ways to measure
- A team player who enjoys solving problems independently or
collaboratively.Solutions You Provide
- Demonstrated experience as a Linux/Unix systems admin (program
installation, patching, configuration).
- Demonstrated experience with configuring systems to join a
network, troubleshooting, and resolving connectivity issues.
- Demonstrated experience with configuring security
policies/rules (password policy, RBAC, auditing).
- Strong background in network administration (For example:
TCP/IP, UDP DNS, ARP, BGP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, LDAP).
- Oversee multiple vendors and associated equipment, applications
and operating systems with different contracts, warranties,
processes, licenses, patches, and upgrade pipelines.
- Oversee multiple data centers with diverse equipment,
processes, and procedures.
- Maintain SLAs in complex environments, including instances
where there are varied requirements for application availability,
data retention, speed of recovery, and network availability.
- Deploy new services and applications faster with limited
understanding of resource availability - capacity, power, cooling
and space, as well as inconsistent policies and structure.Preferred
- Working knowledge of software and hardware used in computer
clients and servers.
- Working knowledge of technology and protocols used to connect
and integrate computer systems.
- Experience with network management - including firewalls,
routers and security management tools.Experience with using
security monitoring tools.
- Experience with cloud provisioning and support.
- Experience with high-performance computing environments.
- Experience in diagnosing and resolving network configuration
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Experience joining Linux systems to an Active Directory Domain.
Experience with software and hardware procurement.
- Experience with Software Asset Management (SAM) and Software
License Management (SLM). Benefits We Provide
- Equity at a company that is doing dynamic, fun, meaningful, and
- Your own yearly discretionary budget to buy the things that
make you happy.
- In addition to highly competitive salaries, we offer premium
healthcare options, 401k matching, and an annual pass to a swim in
the bonus pool. We also offer 4 weeks of paid time off and 10
federal holidays to utilize whenever you want throughout the
- Awesome, enthusiastic coworkers and a company culture that
promotes a jerk-free environment. Rattle the windows with the
company band, participate in board game or movie nights, and help
balance out the scotch vs. bourbon ratio in the office. - provided
Keywords: Kudu Dynamics, LLC, Chantilly , Linux Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!