Software Engineer - Poly Clearance Required
Company: Praxis Engineering Technologies
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Software Engineer - Poly Clearance Required Software Engineering
Chantilly, Virginia Herndon, Virginia The Software Engineer will
design, develop, code, test, and debug complex new software
products, or make significant enhancements to existing software.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on platform builder with significant
experience in developing scalable data platforms, with experience
in business intelligence, analytics, data science and data
products. They must have strong, firsthand technical expertise in a
variety of configuration management and big data technologies and
the proven ability to fashion robust scalable solutions that can
manage large data sets. They must be at ease working in an agile
environment with little supervision. This person should embody a
passion for continuous improvement and innovation. QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer
Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent
combination of education, technical training, or work/military
experience Minimum of five years current and related software
development experience REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS
- Hands-on experience working with Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Map Reduce,
Spark, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, Flume.
- DevOps experience building and deploying cloud infrastructure
with technologies like ansible, chef, puppet, etc.
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Hands-on experience and is familiar with one or more of the
- Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like
Docker, Vagrant, etc.
- Experience with build automation technologies like Maven,
- Experience with monitoring technologies like Nagios, Ganglia,
- Experience with modern programming languages like Java, Python,
- Experience with building APIs and services using REST, SOAP,
- Experience with Elastic Search and relational databases. KEY
- Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation
- Design and develop a processing platform using various
configuration management technologies.
- Test software development methodology in an agile
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in
existing systems and platforms.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, analyst,
project managers and other engineers
- Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support
for software systems and application issues.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to sustain and
advance our organization's capabilities Active DoD TS/SCI &
appropriate level polygraph required for this position. Who are
Praxis Engineering* was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in
Annapolis Junction MD - with growing offices in Chantilly VA and
Aberdeen MD. Praxis Engineering is a consulting, product, and
solutions firm dedicated to the practical application of software
and system engineering technologies to solve complex
With over 350 employees supporting more than 50 contracts, Praxis
brings together world class engineers with proven engineering best
practices, domain expertise, commercial technologies and proven
agile management approaches--to create high value solutions aimed
at helping our customers meet their most critical business and
We are focused on continual learning and evolution. We don't do
things because "that's the way we've always done things"; we listen
to our employees and adapt to the changing marketplace. We look at
the big picture and encourage our engineers to get training and
certifications in emerging technologies that will help shape our
customer's mission. We've been profitable year after year. We're
always on the lookout for great engineers to join the team and we
recognize that our employees are the heart and soul of what we do.
We focus on recruiting talented people, treating them right, and
then allowing them to do what they do best. No red tape. No
micromanagement. Smart people want to work with smart people, and
we love people who are passionate about what they do, and finding
ways to do it better. And then there is the...
- Office perks such as free soft drinks and snacks (both healthy
- Praxis swag (annual gift certificate to purchase top brand
- Parental leave
- 401k contribution/match: combination of profit
share/contribution (4%) and employer match (up to 4%) for a total
- Training is a priority!--Take advantage of our
endless--in-house training opportunities - or seek out vendor
offered (paid) training opportunities like conferences,
certification courses and seminars.--
- Conferences (recently attended by Praxis employees): AWS
Summit, IoT World, Black Hat and DefCon.
- Training & Certifications: Splunk, AWS, Big Data/Cloudera,
VMWare, Scrum Master...the list of certifications goes on and
- Praxis University: Cyber Research, Data Analytics, IoT, AWS and
RedHat course offerings and hands-on training.
- We truly believe the right work-life balance can exist, and
it's here at Praxis. Our work is extremely important, but your job
is just a part of who you are. When you enjoy your life outside of
our walls, you're at your best the next time you walk through our
doors. We do all we can to assure that happens every day. Praxis
Engineering provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex,--sexual orientation,--gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other
protected class. You have been redirected to a Praxis Engineering
Keywords: Praxis Engineering Technologies, Chantilly , Software Engineer - Poly Clearance Required, IT / Software / Systems , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!