Systems Integration & Testing Engineer Senior Technical Specialist VV&T
Posted on: May 2, 2021
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and
integration products and services, data analytics and software
development to national and military intelligence customers.
Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more
than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their
mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge
technologies, and innovative solutions.
Systems Integration & Testing Engineer Technical Specialist:
The Verification, Validation and Transition (VV&T) team is
responsible for technical support of the planning and execution of
enterprise and system-level verification, validation and transition
activities for national assets, associated ground segments and
services, and information processing systems within the
The team supports the recommended closure of enterprise and system
requirements; independent verification, validation and test in
support of delivered system capabilities and mission closure,
overseeing readiness events in support of enterprise, system and
acquisition-level test milestones; leading and supporting project
planning; assessing schedule and risk; generating and presenting
engineering briefings; and interfacing with numerous customers.
This position requires an understanding of the intelligence
community and customer domain, along with a strong focus on core
systems engineering processes in support of end-to-end mission and
In support of the Verification, Validation and Transition
(VV&T) team, the candidate is required to have a strongGEOINT,
SIGINT, or COMM Test engineering background and significant space
and ground domain knowledge in customer mission technical
capabilities and performance.
The candidate may have daily interaction with the customer and
supporting contractors and will need to follow customer standards
and processes as the program matures through the life cycle.
Candidate will interact with multiple Acquisition Offices (AOs) and
facilitate risk and action closure with Acquisition Offices and
users, and support technical consultation, meeting coordination,
and support to recommendation briefings.
Activities supported may include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluation of architecture, requirements, risks and
opportunities, and processes for VV&T impacts;
- Definition of VV&T activities and associated VV&T
products (e.g., strategies, plans, Requests for Change (RFC),
procedures, checklists, RVTMs, briefings, etc.) for new and
modified mission and service capabilities.
- Lead or support the execution of those VV&T activities
(e.g. Test events, Transitions, Milestone Readiness Events.
- Prepare reports describing the results, risk assessment,
discrepancy reporting and lessons learned of those VV&T
activities. Additional Responsibilities include:
- Synthesizes customer contractual needs, requirements, and
technical, schedule and cost constraints into solutions for
integrating, testing, evaluating, and transitioning systems into
operations to deliver enterprise capabilities.
- Plans and arranges the labor, schedules, and resources required
for integrating, testing, evaluating and transitioning
- Establishes standards, practices, and procedures for
integrating, testing, evaluating and transitioning systems and
enterprise capabilities, and coordinates with stakeholders.
- Evaluates enterprise capabilities, architectures, system design
concepts, requirements, risks and opportunities, and processes for
integration, test, evaluation and transition impacts.
- Designs, develops, and implements test and evaluation
strategies, plans and methods to assure reliability of systems in
conjunction with system specifications and defined enterprise
capabilities, and integrates system and enterprise elements
together so they work as a whole.
- Reviews, evaluates and derives requirements for
- Ensures systems and enterprise capabilities comply with
requirements and standards through formal verification
- Generates system requirement and enterprise capability
verification approaches and customer acceptance criteria.
- Participates in reviews of systems and elements under
development to ensure traceability of requirements compliance
through verification and validation.
- Develops and directs preparation for and execution of
comprehensive test & evaluation plans, procedures and schedules
which verify and validate enterprise capabilities, system
requirements, performance and operability. Coordinates system
integration, test, evaluation and transition activities with other
- Conducts readiness for system integration, test, evaluation and
- Compiles data and defines changes required in testing
configurations, testing procedures, testing processes, or new
- Implements testing processes and ensures all test activities
follow those processes. Produces reports on each test activity and
tracks test metrics.
- Performs analysis and evaluations of systems under test.
- Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical
- Performs analysis of test results and prepares comprehensive
system evaluation reports and risk assessments. Evaluates
discrepancy reports and performs integration regression testing to
verify/validate incorporated fixes affecting systems and enterprise
- Provides direct, interfacing support to the customer for system
integration, test, and evaluation and transition activities.
- BS in Engineering, Physics or related Technical Degree.
- Minimum of 12 to 15 years with a B.S/B.A. or 10 to 12 years
with a MS/MA/MBA or 8 years with a PhD.
- Current and Active TS/SCI with Poly U.S. Security
- Verification, Validation and Transition (VV&T) experience
within overall customer domain.
- Strong business acumen; ability to relate professionally inside
the work environment.
- Detailed knowledge of GEOINT, SIGINT or COMM systems and
overall space and ground architecture.
- Expertise in mission technical capabilities and system
performance analysis and assessment.
- Experience with Mission Planning, Control or
Processingfunctions in support of space and ground.
- Experience writing test strategies and plans, executing tests,
analyzing data and summarizing results.
- Experience in system integration and transition approaches to
accommodate the End to End GEOINT, SIGINT or COMM lifecycle.
- Commitment to recognize, understand, respect and operate
effectively within various SETA, FFRDC, and Government lines of
authority. Desired Skills:
- Familiarity with overall Intelligence Community Customer,
technical familiarity with one or more GEOINT, SIGINT or COMM
- Experience with VV&T from an acquisition office, operations
or systems engineering perspective.
- Prior experience with our customer's VV&T Branch. Prior
experience with GEOINT, SIGINT, communications, ground systems and
services, and/or mission operations is highly desired.
- Experience with commercial VV&T techniques in service
oriented architecture (SOA) environments, or for infrastructure or
application service provider environments, is also highly
desirable. *Position May Be Supported from Chantilly, VA or King of
Prussia/Valley Forge, PA.
*Due to workplace precautions/restrictions in light of COVID-19,
employees may be required to work shift work. Schedules will return
to core hours, Monday-Friday, once precautions/restrictions are
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta,
everything we do, from conducting innovative research to
cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring
that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad
array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from
investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex
challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than
48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just
that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not
otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the
disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b)
in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action,
including an investigation conducted by the employer..... click
apply for full job details
Keywords: Perspecta, Chantilly , Systems Integration & Testing Engineer Senior Technical Specialist VV&T, IT / Software / Systems , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!