TSS Cloud Developer Senior - REMOTE
Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Type of Requisition: RegularClearance Level Must Be Able to
Obtain: Top SecretJob Family: CloudWe are GDIT. We build
cutting-edge applications for the most complex government, defense,
and intelligence projects across the country. Bring your creativity
to help us find solutions to complex problems and play an essential
part in preparing our nation for the future.GDIT Technology Shared
Services (TSS) is your place! You make it your own by bringing your
ideas and unique perspective to our culture. By owning your
opportunity at GDIT, you are helping us ensure today is safe and
tomorrow is smarter.At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a
Cloud Developer Senior supporting customers including DHS, HHS and
DOD among many others, you will be trusted to identify, evaluate,
architect and recommend best of breed technology approaches to
solve the business and customer problems.This role will interface
directly with the customers and internal stakeholders to gather
requirements, deliver solutions, identify and deliver incremental
revenue opportunities. This role entails overseeing the cloud
network architecture functions to ensure timely, efficient and
quality designs.In this role, a typical day will include the
- Deploy endpoints into our Managed Shared Services cloud
environment using Terraform scripts and native Cloud Service
- Migrate customer data onto cloud endpoints.
- Troubleshoot technical issues with customer applications
- Manage large on-prem and cloud environments using
Infrastructure as Code.
- Work across teams, and external customer groups to develop
strategy, design solutions, and advise implementation teams during
- Build and maintain technical relationships with others in the
organization and technology providers by participating in cloud
technology discussions and aligning solutions with client
- Provide communication, ensuring that managers, team members,
stakeholders within the organization, and clients are kept informed
of relevant trends and projects.
- Research new or alternative technologies, document findings,
conduct pilots and evaluate multiple vendors, make recommendations,
and develop business cases to justify the investment.
- Deal with escalations. Make assessments, recommendations or
provide solutions to resolve issues.
- Mentor and train staff, ensuring they are up to speed on
critical processes and technologies related to the organizations
goals and soft skills needed to succeed.
- Develop timelines for projects.
- Contribute to budgeting for and understand the financial impact
of cloud technology decisions.
- Write functional requirements/specifications documents.
- Guide the selection, implementation and deployment processes
for new cloud technology rolloutsRequired Qualifications:
- BA/BS and 5+ years of experience. (Degree in Computer Science,
Engineering or related area is preferred)
- Ability to acquire and maintain a DoD clearance
- Active cloud certification in either AWS, Azure or Google
- Cloud migration experience
- Terraform experience
- Windows enterprise experience
- Endpoint hardening experience
- Strong communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and requirements
- Motivated team playerPreferred Qualifications:
- Microsoft certifications
- UNIX experience
- Ansible experience
- Infrastructure as Code experience (Chef, Puppet, SaltStack,
- Kubernetes or Docker experienceWHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU :
- 401K with company match
- Customizable health benefits packages
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your
- Challenging work that makes a real impact on the world around
- Full-flex work weekNot sure this jobs the one for you? Check
out our other openings at gdit.com/careers. Do you have a friend or
colleague this posting describes? Let them know about the
opportunity by clicking Share. *Add a share button.GDIT
CAREERSOpportunity Owned#CLOUD #AWS #AZURE #GOOGLE #MOVE2CLOUDThis
position requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by
December 8, 2021 or the start date, if after December 8.
Individuals who work in or reside in Texas or Montana or work
outside of the United States may be excluded from this
requirement.We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most
complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the
country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand
and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways
clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We
ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the
ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between.
Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission
services needed to get the job done.GDIT is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected
Keywords: General Dynamics Information Technology, Chantilly , TSS Cloud Developer Senior - REMOTE, IT / Software / Systems , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!