Sr. Network Administrator - Top Secret - SOCEUR, Stuttgart, Germany
Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Sr. Network AdministratorTOP SECRETSOCEUR, Stuttgart,
GermanyPlease take this opportunity to join one of GDITs fastest
long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information
Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a
cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information
sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and
coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally
dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the SOCEUR
BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their
missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a
passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast
paced team.As a Senior Network Administrator, your role is to
provide 24/7 time-sensitive incident response to ensure the
stability, integrity and efficient operation of the in-house
information systems that support the USBICES-X program. This is
achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing all
networked software associated operating systems. The selected
candidate will apply communication, analytical, and problem-solving
skills to help identify, communicate and resolves issues in order
to maximize the benefit of IT systems
- Provides advice and training to end-users and less-experienced
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves network incidents and
- Provides network/equipment/specialized training and technical
- Determines network specifications, input/output processes, and
working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment
associated with USBICES.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data
- Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data
- Maintains network to meet Enterprise Service Availability and
Service Level Agreement requirements.
- Utilizes IT Service Management (ITSM) Principles to identify,
categorize, prioritize, escalate, troubleshoot, and resolve
- Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security
policies and procedures.
- Participates in the development and implementation of
network-related procedures and standards.
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during
network outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Assists with development of third-party monitoring actions and
procedures for network infrastructure.QualificationsRequired
- 5+ years of experience.
- Must possess and maintain a Top Secret Security Clearance.
- BA/BS degree may substitute additional years of
- Must possess a completed CCNA certification.
- Must meet DOD 8750 requirements and be eligible for IAT level
II access upon hire for positions with elevated privileges and must
obtain ITIL V4 Foundation within six months of hire. Additional
specific certifications may be required, depending on job
- Knowledge and experience with routing and switching protocols
(e.g. OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, Spanning Tree Protocol, ISAKMP, ESP, SIP,
- Knowledge and experience with current Cisco IOS software and
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and
multi-task while still ensuring high quality of work.
- Experience working directly with hardware vendors involved in
the incident resolution process.
- Provides Tier II support for problem identification, diagnosis
and resolution of problems.
- Supports the timely escalation and communication of status to
external and internal customers.
- Experience with various software systems and architectures,
communications protocols: and network hardware devices.
- Experience with STIG patching, compliance and other security
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess a high degree of intelligence, competence,
maturity, adaptability, resilience, integrity and initiative
- The work is typically performed at client site locations, which
requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical
effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
- Must be willing to work shift work.Preferred Qualifications:
- Completed CCNP Routing and Switching or CCNP Enterprise
- Knowledge and experience with VoIP/VTC collaboration
- Knowledge and experience with HAIPE-based encryption
- Knowledge and experience with Multicast and GRE Routing
- Knowledge of Virtualization technologies as they apply to
networking: VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft
- Knowledge and experience with data center networking
- Experience with firewalls and firewall rule sets
- Understanding of network virtualization This position requires
being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or the
start date, if after December 8. Individuals who work in or reside
in Texas or Montana or work outside of the United States may be
excluded from this requirement. We are GDIT. The people supporting
some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence
projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise
needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform.
Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate
technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is
smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the
lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology
transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the
job done.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or
any other protected class.
Keywords: General Dynamics Information Technology, Chantilly , Sr. Network Administrator - Top Secret - SOCEUR, Stuttgart, Germany, IT / Software / Systems , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!