Lead Software Engineer
Company: Ultra Electronics 3eTI
Posted on: May 9, 2022
The Ultra Engineering function manages a portfolio of specialist
capabilities, generating highly differentiated solutions and
products by applying electronic, mechanical, and software
technologies in demanding and critical environments to meet
Ultra Maritime Naval Systems and Sensors is searching for a Lead
Software Engineer to support the development of a Radar system.
Working closely with RF, Mechanical, Electrical, and Systems
Engineers, the Lead Software Engineer will guide the development of
the Radar System from initial design, through finalization of the
design, and finally through the integration and test events.
The Lead Software Engineer is expected to provide system level
trade-space assessments of approaches working with the Project
Engineer to determine the benefit trade-offs. He/she will have the
opportunity to guide the development and selection of key
technologies for the Navy and will have the opportunity to work
with complex software algorithms and cutting-edge digital signal
processing hardware. The Lead Software Engineer will have the
opportunity to contribute to key strategic approaches for future
proposals, IR&D, and additional development activities.
* BS Degree in Software Engineering type of discipline
* 6+ years of experience with a major object-oriented programming
language such as C++ (preferred) and/or Java
* 6+ years of proper coding practices and the full development life
* 3+ years of experience testing software systems and development
of test tools
* 3+ years of experience with Linux-based operating systems and
* 4+ years of experience experience with basic editors such as VI,
emacs, Kate, Gedit, etc.
* The ability to obtain a US Government security clearance.
Security clearances are granted to U.S. citizen
* Working knowledge of XML XSD
* Experience with UML or other design modeling techniques
* Experience with middleware/inter-process communication (AMQP,
CORBA, DDS, etc.) using a publish-subscribe pattern
* Working knowledge of the use of third party tools to do code
coverage, memory leak, and other code integrity checks
* Knowledge or understanding of Qt programming
* Experience working with a team to jointly develop a system during
all phases of the development lifecycle
* Strong attention to detail and work ethic
* Willingness to travel (10%).
We offer medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance,
health savings accounts, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with a
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements
of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit
discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status
as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit
discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, and for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing
compensation. Moreover, these regulations require that covered
prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to
employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodation statement: if you need an accommodation
for any part of the application process, please email
Keywords: Ultra Electronics 3eTI, Chantilly , Lead Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!