Elastic Stack Engineer / Developer (2022-0008)
Company: Acclaim Technical Services
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Acclaim Technical Services, founded in 2000, is a leading
language and intelligence services company supporting a wide range
of U.S. Federal agencies. We are an Employee Stock Ownership Plan
(ESOP) company, which is uncommon within our business sector. We
see this as a significant strength, and it shows: ATS is
consistently ranked as a top workplace among DC area firms and
continues to grow.
We are actively hiring an Elastic Stack Engineer / Developer to
join our Mission Technology working in Chantilly, VA. The
Elasticsearch Engineer/Developer will develop, deploy, administer,
upgrade, and monitor the Elastic Stack cluster within cloud and
on-prem infrastructure, designed to deliver complex software
products into a production environment. The ideal candidate is a
hands-on Software Engineer and/or DevOps professional with
significant experience in developing repeatable processes, tools,
and infrastructure that enable the delivery of software in an
on-demand cadence. They must have strong, firsthand technical
expertise in a variety of configuration automation, deployment, and
continuous integration technologies and the proven ability to
fashion robust solutions that can keep pace with software
development. They must be at ease working in an agile environment
with little supervision. This person should embody a passion for
continuous improvement and innovation.
- Work with a team to provide software and systems engineering
for Elastic Stack clusters in cloud and server-based environments
in both the customer environment and company lab environment in a
repeatable and reliable manner.
- Design, develop, test, debug, and deploy new software that
utilizes the Elasticsearch cluster architecture.
- Provide guidance and direction to a software engineering team
related to best practices for utilizing Elasticsearch, indexing,
re-indexing, and developing with an Elastic backend.
- Work with automation tools for a robust CI/CD pipeline, to
include: Maven, Gitlab, Red Hat OpenShift, Docker, Ansible, and
- Write and update technical documentation such as system
documentation, training materials, processes and procedures.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with software engineers, data
scientists, analysts, project managers and other engineering
- Provide ongoing support and enhancements for the Elastic Stack
in production systems and platforms.
- Troubleshoots complex problems and provide customer support for
software systems and application issues.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to sustain and
advance our organization's capabilities.
Required Education & Experience
- Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology,
or other related technical discipline, or equivalent combination of
education, technical certifications, training, and work/military
- Demonstrated hands-on experience building and deploying Elastic
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with software design as it
relates to Elasticsearch deployments and distributed
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with Linux-based systems, bash
scripting, and working from the command line
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with build automation
technologies like Git, Maven, etc.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience working with Docker,
Kubernetes, and Kafka.
- Demonstrated experience with Gitlab
- Demonstrated experience with OpenShift
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with monitoring technologies
like ELK, Prometheus, Grafana, etc.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in programming and software
- Demonstrated hands on experience working with PostgreSQL and
- Demonstrated hands-on experience working with Hadoop, Apache
Spark and their related ecosystems.
COVID-19 Proof Of Vaccination Requirements
To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply
with customer requirements, ATS may require employees in certain
positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or test on a
weekly basis. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of
the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
ATS is committed to a program of equal employment opportunity
without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, religion/creed, hairstyles and
hair textures, handicap/disability, genetic information/history,
military/veteran status, or any other characteristic or condition
protected by federal, state or local law. It is the policy of ATS
not merely to refrain from employment discrimination as required by
the various federal, state, and local enactments, but to take
positive affirmative action to realize for women, people of color,
individuals with disabilities and protected veterans full equal
employment opportunity. We support the employment and advancement
in employment of individuals with disabilities and of protected
veterans, and we treat qualified individuals without discrimination
on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Acclaim Technical Services, Chantilly , Elastic Stack Engineer / Developer (2022-0008), IT / Software / Systems , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!