Software Engineer - (TS/SCI with Polygraph)
Company: General Dynamics
Posted on: September 11, 2023
Responsibilities for this Position
Location: USA VA Herndon - Customer Proprietary (VAC032)
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ150258
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Public Trust/Other Required:
Git, Jenkins, Linux, Python
3 + years of related experience
US Citizenship Required:
Seize your opportunity to make a personal impact as a Software
Engineer supporting customer activities. GDIT is your place to make
meaningful contributions to challenging projects and grow a
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Software Engineer, you
will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work
depends on a Software Engineer joining our highly skilled team to
be a premier provider of cyber security services to the customer.
We support and secure some of the most complex government, defense,
and intelligence projects across the country. At GDIT, cyber
security is not just a singular part of our mission - it connects
every one of us because it's embedded into every aspect of what we
HOW A SOFTWARE ENGINEER MAKE AN IMPACT:
- Develops, maintains, and enhances diverse software systems
based upon documented requirements.
- Works as part of a team of Systems Engineers and Software
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the
design requirements and documents test results.
- Resolves software problem reports.
- Utilizes software development and software design methodologies
appropriate to the development environment.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system
design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use
of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS)
in place of new development, and requirements analysis and
synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Work with a team to maintain and upgrade an Elasticsearch
cluster in a repeatable and reliable manner.
- Shepard software baselines through the stage, deploy, verify,
monitor, and respond phases of a CI/CD pipeline.
- Maintain and create deployment scripts using Terraform
- Design, develops, test, debug, and deploy new software tools
that extend or replace existing capabilities.
- Write and update technical documentation such as system
documentation, training materials, processes, and procedures.
- Day-to-day management and administration of Atlassian JIRA and
- Experience with ScriptRunner
- Develop metrics, dashboards and reports for senior management
providing meaningful operational/performance metrics and
- Create technical architecture, design, and user guide
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with all
stakeholders, including internal customers.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with software engineers, project
managers and other engineering groups.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements in
production systems and platforms.
- Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support
for software systems and application issues.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to sustain and
advance our organization's capabilities. WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (in an IT-related field)
- Required Experience: 3+ yrs
- Required Technical Skills:
- Desired Skills:
- AWS Developer
Jira and Confluence administration
- Security Clearance Level: TS/SCI with active polygraph
- Location: Herndon, VA - On Customer Site GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
- 401K with company match
- Comprehensive health and wellness packages
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your
- Professional growth opportunities including paid education and
- Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
- Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%
USA VA Herndon
Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company
that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every
major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence
community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to
create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of
innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering
leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber
and application development. Together with our clients, we strive
to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep
expertise and advanced technology.
We connect people with the most impactful client missions, creating
an unparalleled work experience that allows them to see their
impact every day. We create opportunities for our people to lead
and learn simultaneously. From securing our nation's most sensitive
systems, to enabling digital transformation and cloud adoption, our
people are the ones who make change real.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or
any other protected class.
Back To Search ResultsGDIT supports and secures some of the most
complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the
Keywords: General Dynamics, Chantilly , Software Engineer - (TS/SCI with Polygraph), IT / Software / Systems , Herndon, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!