Senior Systems Administrator
Posted on: September 6, 2018
Seeking a system administrator to support an enterprise Linux environment. The system base is a mix of virtual and bare metal servers. Key duties include maintaining operating systems (primarily Linux), application support, integration, design, and assistance as needed with additional duties to support the team.
- Linux OS patching, database and server backups, maintaining certificates and access policies, booting servers, troubleshooting server issues, completing security scans, maintain HW and software inventories.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments and software.
- Schedule, plan and perform system upgrades.
- Establish and implement standards for computer operations for compatibility between hardware and software that accounts for the security of systems, environments, and data.
- Implement configuration management tools (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Cobbler, and Spacewalk) to facilitate VM deployment and orchestrate data center utilization
- Maintain documentation for managed systems and complete data transfers for data science team.
- Maintain server rooms,
- Restore field and data information
- Submit build reports for routine deliveries
- Create trouble tickets for troubleshooting technical issues.
- Provide Tier-1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 support for all legacy systems as well as all other supported systems
- Attend/arrange TEMSs related to system administration to resolve and work isues
- Perform technical evaluations, analysis, and troubleshooting for all supported serves in response to Help Desk Tickets/trouble tickets.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- 12+ years of experience as a Systems Administrator
- Demonstrated capability at enterprise Linux administration
- Demonstrated capability at VMWare 5.1 administration
- Experience with Virtualization
- Experience managing large scale data environments (60+ servers)
- Experience managing parallel and distributed applications and environments (e.g., CUDA, Spark, Elastic Search, Splunk)
o Including experience with Hadoop management
- Experience implementing configuration management tools (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Cobbler, and Spacewalk)
- Experience managing user authentication and accesses with LDAP and FreeIPA
- Knowledgeable about IC system security standards and INFOSEC processes and boards
- Experience with hardware administration: enterprise server racks, attached storage, and/or SAN storage
- Experience with automated deployments
- HTML knowledge
- Experience with converged architecture
Keywords: Leidos, Chantilly , Senior Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!