Sr Administrator, Systems
Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Posted on: September 8, 2018
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
Location: Chantilly, VA, Hours: 7:00-3:30 Providing close support to include troubleshooting all IT problems consisting of:
o System problems
o Applications not responding or not installing correctly
o Rebuilding workstations
o Utilization of customer tools
o Perform data transfers, conduct inventories
o Perform CMA functions:
o Assisting customers with passwords, first time login
o Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 support across the customer areas in several systems
o Ability to identify and resolve routine and advanced technical problems in a fast-paced environment.
o Ability to communicate policies, procedures and technical information clearly and accurately.
o Ability to translate technical terminology, concepts and issues to non-technical audiences.
o Ability to work independently and in a team environment with only moderate supervision.
o Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and rearrange priorities as necessary.
o Ability to plan, set goals and determine strategies for accomplishing desired results.
o Ability to interact successfully with all levels of the organization from junior employees to senior managers or executives.
o Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate multiple tasks and objectives with competing priorities without sacrificing quality.
o Knowledge of and ability to adhere to infosec security, physical security and safety standards, including customer, IT and communications policies.
o Knowledge of customer processes and procedures.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
- provided by Dice Analysis, Hardware, Security, Supervision, Testing
Keywords: General Dynamics Information Technology, Chantilly , Sr Administrator, Systems, IT / Software / Systems , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!