Technical Solutions Strategist
Posted on: September 9, 2018
Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure. Description:
Engility is seeking a Technical Solutions Strategist to be an integral part of the support strategy and growth efforts for an intelligence community customer supporting diverse customer missions. This position will support offices primarily in Northern Virginia. The selected candidate will serve as the lead for upcoming task orders on a multiple award IDIQ contract. The Solutions Architect will advise on the feasibility of opportunities from inception to completion and lead end-to-end solution designs. The candidate will engage with customers, partners, and staff in overall solution development, and lead the development of technical and cost/price solutions. Attention to detail and organizational skills are critical. The successful candidate should have a working knowledge of US Government contracting, contract types, pricing, and procurement processes.
This position is a key member of the Program Management Office and will focus on developing technical solutions and innovative strategies for competitive task orders. As a Senior Solutions Architect, the selected candidate will be responsible for reviewing and evaluating multiple task orders, deciding whether or not to respond, and crafting superior technical solutions responsive to requirements. The selected candidate will create the technical solution for each selected task order. He/she will also work closely with Capture Managers, technical subject matter experts, and team members to understand the customeraEUs requirements and competitor threats to develop differentiated solutions. The selected candidate will support customer meetings, the creation of technical solutions, as well as the development and staffing of task orders.
Understand customer needs and lead the development of solutions that will be selected for execution. This involves performing analysis and planning to implement a solution that will meet or exceed customer requirements while satisfying budgetary expectations, to include conducting research of internal capabilities plus software and hardware products or services and identifying the best solutions. Interact with the programaEUs teams and partner organizations to ensure that the proposed solution is positioned correctly and that the design is aEUfit for purposeaEU, delivering the expected end-user benefits. Support customer facing opportunities with our programaEUs teams; discuss all levels of the technical complexities and benefits of the solution set. Ability to create, present, and protect value propositions. Contribute to the creation of best practices through the identification of reusable solution assets. Build a "thought leadership/trusted advisor" relationship with internal teams and partners. Keep abreast of new developments in the industry and gain an understanding on how new and emerging technologies are being deployed by the customer. Utilize this knowledge to advance solutions and assist our customers/partners. Serve as Innovation Architect, providing architectural and software/hardware engineering expertise to leadership, management, and staff. Lead activities associated with concept, design, and delivery of solutions for customer-defined requirements. Analyze problems and objectives to create innovative solutions using leading edge technologies, managed services, current best-practice methodologies, tools, and solution components. Define standards and best practices for strategy and solution documents, including leadership briefings, roadmaps, action plans, communications, and proposal content. Collaborate to define technology migration strategies and approaches for enterprise IT modernization, including legacy system migration leveraging industry best practices Proficient in strategic planning, enterprise architecture, and emerging technologies to identify risks and opportunities. Ensure that appropriate resources are brought to bear on complex production issues affecting enterprise applications Work independently without instructions on routine tasks; work collaboratively with general instruction/minimal guidance on new tasks or as a team member. Position requires a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph. Qualifications:
- Requires a current/active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems, or a related discipline with ten (10) years of experience. Note: Education may be substituted for 14 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication; outstanding interpersonal skillset; demonstrated emotional intelligence.
- Five (5) or more years of experience successfully developing technical solutions. Experience with the following: SCRUM, Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)-based solutions, DevOps, Microservices and API-based architecture, migration to Cloud/Software Defined Networks, managed services solutions, and Agile software development practices (design to production release).
- Experience working with complicated problems and providing solutions that are highly creative and ingenious, exhibiting creativity and resourcefulness.
- Demonstrated leadership in development of technical solutions.
- Demonstrated leadership to resolve problems and roadblocks as they occur, consistently following through on details while driving innovation.
- Demonstrable experience as a technical team lead supporting complex business services and technical solution projects; previous experience working in the Government Services & Solutions sector.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, and demonstrate a high degree of organization to support multiple concurrent opportunities.
- Creative thinker with a flexible approach to aEUwinning the business.aEU Desired Qualifications:
- Familiarity with Basis of Estimate and competitive estimation strategy
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, growth-focused environment
- Ability to perform over long stretches of time and in challenging situations (during proposal development)
- Ability to write exceptionally well and to create compliant, compelling narratives that best present solutions and approaches tailored to USG requirements and evaluation criteria
- Ability to conceptualize, communicate, and/or develop rich graphic visuals that strengthen the aEUEngility storyaEU; clearly and effectively articulate concepts and approaches
- Technical Certifications: PMP, MSCE, RHCE, CSM, SAFe, ITIL, PMI-ACP, AWS/Microsoft Azure, and/or CISSP. EEO Statement:
Engility Corporation is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statements, please click here . Department: Information Technology - provided by Dice Agile, Analysis, API, Architecture, CISSP, Development, Hardware, Library, Management, Networks, PMP, Release, Research, Scrum, Security
Keywords: Engility, Chantilly , Technical Solutions Strategist, IT / Software / Systems , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!