Senior Information Technology Systems Infrastructure Engineer
Company: CACI International
Posted on: September 16, 2018
Job Description The CDM Program is managed within the DHS National Protection and Programs Directorate, (NPPD)/Office of Cybersecurity and Communications (CS&C)/Network Security Deployment (NSD) Division, responsible for enhancing the security, resilience, and reliability of the Nations cyber and communications infrastructure. The DHS CDM Program mission is to safeguard and secure cyberspace in an environment where the threat of cyber-attack is continuously growing and evolving. The CDM Program defends the United States (U.S.) Federal Information Technology (IT) networks from cybersecurity threats by providing continuous monitoring sensors (tools), diagnosis, mitigation tools, and associated services to strengthen the security posture of Government networks. What Youll Get to Do: On our team, youll be responsible for enabling solution development and operations teams though the provisioning, management, and automation of a complex multi-platform lab environment. Youll be living, working, and automating deployment and management of objects from a single VM to entire enclaves within the secure GovCloud regions of AWS and Azure as well as a small on-premises enclave. You wont be living in a confined technological stovepipe or swim-lane. Our labs must empower a highly diverse set of activities within the CDM program for a diverse internal client base. Flexibility and adaptability are ways of here on the CDM team. More About the Role:
- A highly technical Jack of all Trades. You might be a SME in one or more things, but youre able to learn and adapt to new challenges and technologies.
- Communicates acceptably with both technical and non-technical colleagues, sharing knowledge and insight.
- Works in a team to integrate systems and solutions, triage issues, and prioritize tasks
- Provision, install, configure, monitor and maintain operating systems hardware and software infrastructure (either or both of Windows and Linux).
- Design, implement, and manage our Shared Services enclave, which provides core network/system services to many of the lab enclaves.
- Creates and manages scripts for managing systems and entire enclaves.
- Lives primarily in AWS and Azure, but still manages a partial-rack on-prem environment. Logically, its all one CDM Lab.
- Collaborates in administering databases and network infrastructure
- Automates integration with patch management, configuration management, and security/reporting infrastructures.
- Produces detailed documentation and diagrams regarding the Lab and the solutions within the Shared Services enclave.
- Provides key input to the vision and direction of the Labs-as-a-service model. Youll Bring These Qualifications:
- US Citizenship required
- Must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and be clearable to a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) EOD clearance. Active DoD clearance preferred.
- University Degree (BS), or equivalent years of related experience, and additionally 7+ years of related IT engineering experience required.
- Experience integrating, , troubleshooting, and automating systems in a Linux/Unix environment (CentOS/RHEL preferred)
- Experience installing and configuring COTS software applications
- Experience Creating and analyzing bash, Perl, Python, and/or PowerShell scripts
- Strong experience with implementing best-practices such as LeastPriv.
- Strong experience with understanding and implementing STIGs and other vendor-provided hardening guidance.
- Significant experience with automated configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, SCCM, and/or others.
- Experience with log management, network protocols and testing These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Technical degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related subject area.
- Relevant Technical and/or Security Certifications (e.g. CISSP, et cetera)
- Experience integrating and troubleshooting systems in Windows environment
- Experience with any or all of these technologies: Nessus, SQL Server, PostGRE SQL, Red Hat Satellite, Nagios, McAfee ePO, Phantom, IPSEC, PKI, Retina, Puppet, Chef, Ansible Job Location US-Chantilly-VA-VIRGINIA SUBURBAN CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Keywords: CACI International, Chantilly , Senior Information Technology Systems Infrastructure Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!