JAVA / Search Engineer
Posted on: October 4, 2018
Overview Peraton is looking for a talented JAVA / Search Engineer who will develop enterprise search solutions to solve complex challenges surrounding data analytics and search engines utilizing cloud technologies. This role will require hands-on experience with data analytics, algorithms, large data structures, large-scale datasets, and real-time search platforms using Apache Solr. Responsibilities
- Monitor and audit search application performance through load testing, search testing, and/or query response time testing and report activities on an on-going basis
- Configure and set up multiple Solr cores under CentOS and Linux environment
- Analyze unstructured data for ingest
- Design and develop ingest processes
- Design and develops Solr schema for efficiency
- Design and develop interface for application searches
- Design network architecture for Solr cluster
- Design network architecture for cluster disaster recovery
- Design and develop incremental update procedures
- Design and develop collection replacement strategy
- Define and configure Solr index schemas for multiple data elements
- Create and schedule periodic refresh of Solr indexes using cron jobs
- Build Solr queries for multiple search requirements
- Design and develop search engine monitoring tools
- Lead team to accomplish customer objectives Qualifications REQUIRED:
- BS degree, with eight (08) years of relevant experience. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 03+ years of experience Unix experience
- 03+ years of experience Java development experience
- 03+ years of experience using and working with search engine platforms such as Solr, ElasticSearch, Lucene, Endeca, etc.
- 03+ years of experience implementing search engine platforms, including builds of indexes (baselines and partial updates), shards, and refined searches across structured, semi-structured and un-structured datasets to include architectural scaling
- 03+ years of experience in architectural design and resource planning for scaling search engine platform capabilities
- 03+ years of experience with Apache Zookeeper
- 02+ years of experience with automated techniques and processes for bulk indexing of large-scale datasets residing in database or un-indexed systems.
- 02+ years of experience working on Scrum or other agile development based methodologies
- 02+ years of experience leading development efforts PREFERED:
- Experience implementing Java applications using Spring and Spring Boot
- Experience implementing Microservices
- Experience querying and ingesting large amounts of data into Apache Solr
- Experience troubleshooting search relevance issues
- Hadoop specific experience
- Familiarity with Entity Resolution technology
- Version control experience with SVN or Git
- Familiarity with architecture, both logical and physical design
- Experience with distributed queuing with technologies like Kafka
- Familiarity with AWS SECURITY CLEARANCE: *This position requires the candidate to have a current Top Secret security clearance and the ability to obtain a polygraph. Candidate must possess SCI eligibility. About Peraton Peraton provides innovative, reliable solutions to the nation's most sensitive and mission-critical programs and systems. Peraton has significant experience providing highly differentiated secure communications, space, and technology solutions to key customers, and has become a trusted partner on missions that are critical to the security priorities of the United States. Capabilities include complex software and technology services and solutions, as well as end-to-end mission operations abilities, including Software Systems Development, Cyber, Modeling & Simulation, Mission Operations, Signal Intelligence (SIGINT), and Quick Reaction Capabilities (QRC) / Research & Development. The company is headquartered in Herndon, VA, with approximately 3,500 employees across the U.S. and Canada. EEO Statement We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Peraton, Chantilly , JAVA / Search Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!