Senior Software Engineer/Data Analysis Engineer with Active TOP SECRET clearance
Posted on: October 6, 2018
About PeratonPeraton provides innovative, reliable solutions to the nation's most sensitive and mission-critical programs and systems. Peraton has significant experience providing highly differentiated secure communications, space, and technology solutions to key customers, and has become a trusted partner on missions that are critical to the security priorities of the United States. Capabilities include complex software and technology services and solutions, as well as end-to-end mission operations abilities, including Software Systems Development, Cyber, Modeling & Simulation, Mission Operations, Signal Intelligence (SIGINT), and Quick Reaction Capabilities (QRC) / Research & Development. The company is headquartered in Herndon, VA, with approximately 3,500 employees across the U.S. and Canada.
OverviewPeraton is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer/Data Analysis Engineer to be responsible for carrying out engineering tasks to deliver an advanced visual analytic application. The engineer shall develop data analytics for desktop and web-developed visual analytic software, as appropriate, to facilitate the bulk analysis of relational information utilizing advanced graphics, visualization, and high-performance computing, as well as using the specified open source, COTS, and GOTS technologies. The engineer shall establish an application that produces manageable, actionable intelligence from streams of a structured and semi-structured data. This is a broad engineering role, which encompasses building of the core frameworks of a visualization application to deal with the complexities of ingesting, storing, and manipulating masses of data in near real-time.
ResponsibilitiesThis position will be responsible for the following:
- Administer and maintain a high-performance and large-scale immersive visualization system, including supercomputer class hardware, stereoscopic projection environment, and attached storage;
- Implement new enhancements for the existing application based on operational requirements;
- Engineer, design, deliver, and document data analytic components which include social network analysis, data transformation utilities, and graph analysis routines, to process large scale data, using open source frameworks;
- Engineer, design, deliver analytics for 3D visualization capabilities;
- Engineer, research, develop, and deliver state-of-the-art analytic algorithms such as the shortest-path analytic for large scale visualization;
- Engineer analytics that discover and transform data from social networks;
- Engineer and deploy data-driven analytics and event driven analytics;
- Document ontologies, data models, schemas, formats, data element dictionaries, software application program interfaces, and other technical specifications;
- Engineer analytics within a heterogeneous data environment;
- Track development and operational support via user stories and decomposed technical tasks in a provided issue tracking software, such as TFS and JIRA; and
- Collaborate on code reviews, internal processes, and application enhancements.
- 10+ combined experience in Information Technology
- 3+ years of experience with the full system lifecycle for application development
- 3+ years developing applications with Java
- Experience developing multi-tier web based applications
- Experience developing front end web applications interfaces
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or an equivalent amount of work experience with 10+ years of overall related experience
- Current Top Secret clearance
- 1+ years of experience developing with OpenGL
- 1+ years of experience developing web services
- 1+ years of experience developing geospatial applications
- 1+ years with Oracle PL/SQL
- 1+ years of experience with search engine technology such as Solr, Elastic Search or Lucene
- Enthusiastic, hardworking, self-motivated, and the ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills in order to communicate effectively with all levels of management, staff, and customers
- Demonstrated ability to gather requirements, and arrive at technical decisions
This position requires the candidate to have a current TS security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain an SCI w/ Poly level clearance.EEO StatementWe are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identify, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Peraton, Chantilly , Senior Software Engineer/Data Analysis Engineer with Active TOP SECRET clearance, IT / Software / Systems , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!