Posted on: October 10, 2018
OverviewPeraton is looking for a Software Developer to participate in the development and maintenance of custom code used to extract, transform and load (ETL) large datasets into a proprietary system in support of a Federal Law Enforcement partner.Responsibilities
- Develop, engineer and maintain a custom system used to ingest, normalize, and store large datasets stored using a combination of MySQL and NoSQL (Elasticsearch) technologies.
- Design improvements for future ETL processes, to include using cloud computing (AWS) to scale impact.
- BS degree, with ten (10) years of relevant experience. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 7+ years experience in the direct performance of a major program, project or activity relating to computer software development, computer programming and/or digital forensics.
- 5+ years of experience directly related to developing and maintaining ETL processes.
- 3+ years of experience directly related to the following:
- Developing software applications in Python.
- Developing with distributed message and task queue technologies, preferably Celery and RabbitMQ.
- Database development with Relational Databases (MySQL preferred) and NoSQL databases (Elasticsearch preferred)
- Modern software development processes to include Agile and Git
- Database design and optimization for performance.
- Linux shell scripting.
- Developing web applications with C# in .NET Core and Angular.
*This position requires the candidate to have a current Top Secret security clearance and a polygraph. Candidate must possess SCI eligibility.About PeratonPeraton provides innovative, reliable solutions to the nations most sensitive and mission-critical programs and systems. Peraton has significant experience providing highly differentiated secure communications, space, and technology solutions to key customers, and has become a trusted partner on missions that are critical to the security priorities of the United States. Capabilities include complex software and technology services and solutions, as well as end-to-end mission operations abilities, including Software Systems Development, Cyber, Modeling & Simulation, Mission Operations, Signal Intelligence (SIGINT), and Quick Reaction Capabilities (QRC) / Research & Development. The company is headquartered in Herndon, VA, with approximately 3,500 employees across the U.S. and Canada.EEO StatementWe are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Peraton, Chantilly , Software Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!