Hardware Engineer Technical Specialist
Posted on: December 7, 2018
Overview Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers. Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter. Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together. Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories Responsibilities Evaluates reliability of materials, properties and techniques used in production; plans, designs and develops electronic parts, components, integrated circuitry, mechanical systems, equipment and packaging, optical systems and/or DSP systems. Under general direction, designs and develops equipment, processes and systems that involve data networks, communications, and display. Analyzes equipment specifications and process requirements to conceive a practical design. Determines feasibility from technical and economic perspectives. Coordinates and consults with research engineers or scientists and customer representatives to resolve design problems. Develops and maintains technical procedures, documentation and manuals. Compiles and analyzes operational data and directs tests to establish standard for new designs or modifications to existing equipment, systems, or processes. May supervise the work of technicians and technologists who provide technical support. Responsibilities:
- The program has an opening for an Engineer to provide support to a government program office. This position requires insight and experience in a wide range of hardware engineering tasks. These include but are not limited to:
- Design, develop and test computer components, including circuit boards, processors, and memory cards. Requires precise design, testing of components, and the ability to analyze test data to enhance performance, eliminate errors, and ensure proper functionality.
- This role also involves modifying existing hardware to enhance functionality and operation with new software systems. It may also require designing computer hardware for non-computer devices that incorporate processors, networking devices, or circuit boards, such as mobile phones, vehicles, or Internet of Things (IoT) devices.
- Also works with software engineers and developers during the development cycle of a computer, mobile phone, or other device. This helps guarantee that the hardware is able to successfully run the intended software and helps both teams develop specifications and reduce errors and bugs. This collaboration often results in many rounds of testing and revision to both hardware and software components.
- Must be able to direct hardware manufacturing processes to verify that elements are built according to their specifications. A computer hardware engineer may receive a prototype of a design in order to conduct further testing and modifications and to provide input to manufacturing personnel to enhance processes and make updates. Qualifications Qualifications
- Analysis- computer hardware engineers also need to be highly analytical, able to conduct tests and interpret the results, and integrate their findings into subsequent iterations of their design.
- Manufacturing and prototyping- most computer hardware engineers build components and prototypes during the design process, so familiarity working with electronics and building components is essential; Spinning Boards, Softworks, Autocad.
- Communication skills- computer hardware engineers need to create documentation and specifications for components they design and report to other team members throughout the design and development progress.
- Process enhancement- the ability to improve efficiency is also important for a computer hardware engineer, since this can reduce development time and eliminate redundant processes.
- Team collaboration - many computer hardware engineers also work closely with software engineers or manufacturers, so they need to collaborate across teams and successfully coordinate multiple schedules Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD. TS/SCI with Poly *LI Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD. Options
Keywords: Perspecta, Chantilly , Hardware Engineer Technical Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!