Systems Engineer Technical Specialist
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Overview Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers. Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter. Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together. Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories Responsibilities Using a holistic approach, designs, develops, evaluates and modifies end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle. Generates quantifiable requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and acquisition logistics. Ensures requirements comply with client requirements and government standards through formal verification methods. Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with other engineering disciplines to develop lower level detailed implementation requirements. Establishes and coordinates development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development. Designs interfaces and brings system elements together so they work as a whole. Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures. Customer liaison and support for business development activities and to understand and shape requirements. Participates in system conceptual design and documentation of the design concepts. Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with multi-discipline engineering teams to develop lower level detailed requirements. Participates in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements through compliance verification and validation. Generates system level requirements verification procedures and customer acceptance test procedures. Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they meet the objectives of the contractual requirements and participates in the testing process to validate requirements. The selected candidate will support efforts to implement an enterprise level data services architecture, contributing to development of plans, user guides, training materials, and communications about tools and services.
- Support the Data Steward in development of an enterprise data management strategy including data management plan, change management process, responsibility assignment matrix (RACI), managing data issues
- Establish and maintain configuration and data management policies and procedures
- Document business logic to improve users' understanding of information contained in charts and reports from an analytics dashboard.
- Create and respond to data calls on behalf of the organization's data steward
- Review newly developed application modules to provide recommendations for standardization of field names, domain lists and constraints on fields to support workflow, and consistency and customization of error messages.
- Develop logical and physical data models, to include data dictionaries, of legacy systems for incorporation into an enterprise wide data model.
- Perform data analysis and mapping from legacy systems to enterprise logical data models to determine compliance with relevant standards and to identify new data objects for the enterprise model.
- Provided data modeling and data engineering support
- Establish and coordinate development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development Qualifications Required:
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar degree
- Systems engineering experience that includes systems architecture development and software development
- Experience working with relational databases and APIs (e.g. MySQL/TSQL/Oracle)
- Experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining a large customer organization's data model
- Knowledge of data modeling techniques and application
- Experience with implementing data analysis tools, evaluating various types of data, evaluating various datasets, and determining practical solutions to data challenges
- Knowledge of customer information security and data policies
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to work in a team environment and lead technical discussions Desired:
- CMMI/DMMI, DMBOK familiarity
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services, ServiceNow, JIRA, Remedy, SharePoint
- Experience working in Agile Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD. Options
Keywords: Perspecta, Chantilly , Systems Engineer Technical Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!