Company: Applied Insight
Posted on: February 12, 2019
Log back in!
Job Locations US-VA-Chantilly
Posted Date 3 months ago(11/20/2018 4:28 PM)
# of Openings
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer s mission and the user s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed from adaptation to innovation drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
Applied Insight (AI) is seeking a highly motivated Microsoft Engineer in Chantilly, VA with a thirst for learning to support geographically dispersed, state of the art systems that seamlessly integrate Linux and Microsoft services. Positions will provide engineering support to multiple WAN connected sites with data flows crossing various controlled interfaces, and will follow specific IT project management and engineering lifecycle processes. Engineers will be responsible for supporting their solutions throughout the IT project lifecycle, to include refining requirements, creating design documentation, creating installation instructions and deployment plans, and providing O&M support. Project assignments will vary based on skill level, and may include engineering geographically dispersed services, integrating services into public, private and hybrid cloud environments, engineering solutions to be deployed via automated CM tools, and hardening the solutions to address security and SCAP compliance.
The Microsoft Engineer will design and define system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
* Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering
* Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis
* Participates in the upgrading of operating systems and design of systems enhancements
* Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems
* Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements
* Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems
* Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance
* Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility
* May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
* Participates in special projects as assigned
* TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph is required
* 5-8 years of related systems engineering experience
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience
This positions falls within the Desktop Portfolio. The position requires a minimum of 1-2 years of application packaging (AppV) experience. Candidates are expected to have knowledge or experience in a combination of the following tools:
Application Virtualization (AppV_5)
VMWare User Environment Manager (UEM)
Application Packaging and Deploying via SCCM
COTS/GOTS Desktop Applications
CITRIX XenApp/ XenDesktop
DISA STIG/IAV Implementation & Patching
Windows 10/Windows Server 2016.
EEO and Affirmative Action Policy: Applied Insight is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is the policy of Applied Insight to provide equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action laws, directives and regulations to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State or Local laws.
Keywords: Applied Insight, Chantilly , Microsoft Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!