Senior Database Administrator
Company: Preferred Systems Solutions, Inc.
Posted on: February 13, 2019
Are you a talented Senior Database Administrator looking for the next step in your career* Check out PSS!
PSS, Inc. is actively seeking a Senior Database Administrator to join our growing team located in Chantilly, Virginia. The successful candidate will work as part of the overall DBA team to determine, implement, and maintain the most efficient ways to organize and store data.
TS/SCI with Polygraph (Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Accordingly, US Citizenship is required.)
* Active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance
* Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering, or 10 years of DBA related experience may be substituted for education.
Duties, Tasks & Responsibilities
* Participating in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases
* Managing, monitoring, and administering database system performance and schedules
* Monitoring the performance of system files and managing system data to maintain performance efficiency
* Conducting performance tuning, baselining and forecasting system performance, and managing configurations
* Providing technical support in the evaluation of prime object names, data elements, and other objects
* Recommending appropriate procedure, query, or package changes and optimizations to ensure and improve system performance and reliability
* Installing and configuring database environments
* Performing backups, restores, and archiving data
* Participating in server and storage capacity management and planning for the most complex and critical systems
* Recommending and implementing approved process and tool improvements
Required Experience, Skills, & Technologies
* Significant experience with Oracle 12c architecture and database design, and related Oracle technologies (Partition, TDE Encryption, etc.) on Linux systems
* Significant PL/SQL developer experience
* Significant experience with performance tuning, capacity planning, and optimization of database environments
* Strong understanding of high-availability solutions and architecture
* Strong understanding of backup methodologies and their implementation (RMAN, Data Guard)
* Significant GoldenGate experience
* Experience developing processes and procedures to standardize database installations and configurations
* Experience managing very large databases (terabytes and petabytes)
* Strong documentation skills
Desired Experience, Skills & Technologies
* Oracle OCP or OCM certification(s)
* Strong Linux experience
* Experience migrating from Spark Oracle to X86 systems
* Experience automating, scripting, and streamlining processes for efficiency and accuracy; shell scripting experience
Preferred Systems Solutions, Inc. (PSS) is a recognized leader in providing Information Technology, Engineering Services, Program Management, and Consulting Services. For over 20 years, PSS has enabled Government and Commercial clients to achieve their organizational initiatives through the application of high quality, innovative, and cost effective professional services and solutions. PSS provides a positive working environment, with opportunities for advancement in our growing local Federal sector workforce.
PSS is committed to the diversity we bring to the marketplace by being an EEOC/AA employer who is committed to hiring a diverse team of professionals to provide world class services and products aimed at exceeding our customer s expectations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. PSS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Keywords: Preferred Systems Solutions, Inc., Chantilly , Senior Database Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!