Freelance Studio / Technical Director
Company: The Teaching Company
Posted on: February 15, 2019
POSITION SPECIFICATION- FREELANCE Studio Director/Technical Director A pioneer in the lifelong-learning market, The Teaching Company is a popular and growing media company that produces The Great Courses: a series of comprehensive and engaging, university-level, video and audio courses taught by the world's greatest professors without the pressure of schedules, homework, or exams. The Great Courses cover a wide variety of topics ranging from traditional liberal arts subjects, such as philosophy, history, literature, and the sciences, to practical classes, in photography, foreign languages, health and wellness, business skills, and much more. The company has ongoing partnerships with venerable educational brands such as the Smithsonian, National Geographic, Mayo Clinic, The Culinary Institute of America, and others. The Teaching Company has developed a catalog of over 700 courses comprising over 8,900 hours of content. The Great Courses are delivered to customers via digital streaming, DVD, and CD sales on the e-commerce site ; and, most recently, through The Great Courses Plus, a digital subscription platform that PC Magazine has called"Netflix for Learning." The Great Courses can be found on Amazon Instant Video, Amazon Channels, Comcast Xfinity Video on Demand, Audible.com, Recorded Books, Kanopy, Hoopla, and more. The Great Courses also has highly rated apps available across most major app platforms, including iOS, Android, Kindle Fire, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, and Amazon Alexa. Since its establishment in 1990, The Teaching Company has sold more than 25 million courses and prominent and loyal customers of The Teaching Company include Bill Gates, Charles Schwab, and George Lucas, to name a few. Position Summary: Expand your mind and your career--- Freelance Studio Director/Technical Director needed for Production Studio that produces university-level educational courses taught by premier professors from leading universities. Major Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned):
- Direct in-studio productions with up to 4 crew members.
- Technical Direct using switchers, ingest servers, and other recording equipment.
- Call and assign appropriate camera shots.
- Record and monitor all media.
- Direct other crew members to assign responsibility.
- Maintain daily production logs.
- Work with producers to meet artistic standards and adhere to daily production deadlines. Ideal Experience The ideal candidate for the Freelance Director/Technical Director position at TTC will have:
- Minimum 5 years Directing experience in a broadcast studio or production studio environment.
- Experience with live or live-to-tape production.
- Experience with Ross switchers, Tricaster 8000, Ingest servers, audio boards and recording decks, lighting boards.
- Ability to take direction, be creative, and think ahead in a studio production environment.
- Able to assist studio crew with other related tasks such as set changes.
- Detail oriented, technical, creative, and professional attitude is a must.
Keywords: The Teaching Company, Chantilly , Freelance Studio / Technical Director, IT / Software / Systems , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!