React Developer - Chantilly
Company: Octo Consulting Group
Posted on: March 7, 2019
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you'll work with some of the smartest and most accomplished people you'll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits, and it's an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region's best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice! We are looking for--- The project you will be working is to help modernize an Intelligence Community program's web portal for customer discovery of identity management services. This will include translating customer requirements and UX team design concepts into functional software that is fast, user-centric, and reusable. You--- As a software engineer at Octo, you work as part of a Scrum Team of software, test, and user experience specialists to build high quality functional code. You will execute Scrum development practices to time-box effort, define acceptance criteria for work, and deliver, test, and deploy new features into source control. You will work collaboratively as part of this multi-disciplinary team to realize the Government's objective of modernizing this web portal and improving the user experience for customers of this IC Agency enterprise identity management program. Us--- We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client's missions. What we'd like to see...
- Experience with programming with React, Redux, API services, Angular 2.0, RESTful web services
- 5+ years of experience building rich web applications, dashboards, and/or workflow systems
- Experience building dynamic single page applications
- Experience integrating with JSON-based REST APIs required
- Cross browser development and responsive and mobile design skills
- Experience with modern frameworks such as Angular, React, and/or Vue
- Serve as bridge between developers and user experience teams to ensure the backend development is implemented with the intended user experience
- Collaborate with user experience and software developers to develop and manage requirements
- Understand and interpret system requirements to ensure web development satisfies verification of the functionality
- Identify issues found during the software development/integration process
- Perform functional tests using both frontend and command line interfaces
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders on test progress during daily scrum meetings
- Create, execute, and maintain technical documentation
- Support program operational needs as required
- Ability to generate, follow, and update technical procedures and evaluate results
- Ability to work successfully in a team, independently, and take initiative on tasks
- Ability to communicate in both oral and written formats.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development concepts
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Understanding of agile processes Desired Skills:
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC), Scrum, and Agile processes
- Exposure to LESS, Typescript preferred Years of Experience: 8+ Education: Requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or MS with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. Clearance: U.S. Citizenship required. Top Secret+ clearance desired. Octo is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this growth-oriented and employee-focused culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.
- Please no Corp-to-Corp or 1099 candidates; this position is W-2 only
- Per contract clearance requirements, US citizenship is mandatory
- Relocation will not be offered
- Octo Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Octo Consulting Group's commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment
- Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation
Keywords: Octo Consulting Group, Chantilly , React Developer - Chantilly, IT / Software / Systems , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!