Information Systems Security Specialist, Lead
Posted on: May 17, 2019
Senior Information Systems Security Engineer
**US Citizenship Required**
Do you have experience in the information security field? If you
want to take the next step in your career by joining a team of
talented security engineers working for a company that is making a
difference in the world, Parsons has the opportunity for you! We
are currently seeking information system security engineers to help
us deliver best-in-class services to our federal government
The ideal candidate will become an integral part of a team that
ensures appropriate security principles, concepts, methods, and
practices are applied during the system life cycle to achieve
stakeholder objectives for the protection of assets-across all
forms of adversity characterized as disruptions, hazards, and
threats. The system security engineer provides a sufficient base of
evidence to support claims that the desired level of
trustworthiness has been achieved, and remains so.
- Define and/or review stakeholder security objectives,
protection needs and concerns, security requirements, and
associated validation methods.
- Identify and/or assess vulnerabilities and susceptibility to
life cycle disruptions, hazards, and threats.
- Design and/or review proactive and reactive security functions
encompassed within a balanced strategy to control asset loss and
associated loss consequences.
- Provide security considerations to inform systems engineering
efforts with the objective to reduce errors, flaws, and weakness
that may constitute security vulnerability leading to unacceptable
asset loss and consequences.
- Identify, quantify, and evaluate the costs/benefits of security
functions and considerations to inform analysis of alternatives,
engineering trade-offs, and risk treatment decisions.
- Demonstrate through evidence-based reasoning, that security
claims for the system have been satisfied.
- Leverage multiple security and other specialties to address all
feasible solutions unto a trustworthy, secure system.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- 10+ years of system engineering and/or system security
- Proficiency in securing systems in accordance with ICD 503
- Proficiency in system security engineering principles and
- Familiarity with Systems Security Engineering (SSE)
documentation (e.g. Program Protection Plans (PPPs)
- Anti-Tamper Plans, Counterintelligence Support Plans,
Integrated Threat Assessment Reports, Operations Security Plans,
Continuous Monitoring Plans, Defensive Cyberspace Operations Plans,
IT/Cybersecurity Strategies, Information Support Plans, Enterprise
Architecture Views) and related documentation IAW ICD 503, DoDI
5000.02, DoDI 5200.39, DODI 5200.44, DODD 5200.47E, DoDI 8500.01,
DoDI 8510.01, and NIST SP 800-160.
- High School Diploma required / Bachelors' Degree
- CISSP certification required; CISSP-ISSEP highly-desired.
- Active security clearance with poly
Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a federal
background investigation and must meet additional eligibility
requirements for access to classified information or materials.
Keywords: Parsons, Chantilly , Information Systems Security Specialist, Lead, IT / Software / Systems , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!