Tier III Systems Administrator
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Peraton is seeking a Systems Administrator for a classified program
to provide Tier III system maintenance and engineering support to
maintain high priority operational systems at a high level of
availability and resolve problems based on mission criticality and
What you'll be doing...
- Perform software application maintenance and backups on
assigned mission systems running operating systems to include:
Solaris, UNIX, TRU-64 UNIX, SCO UNIX, Linux, VMS, and Windows.
- VMware administration responsible for configuration,
maintenance, monitoring and overall support of multiple VMware
- Setup, install, configure ESXi and blade servers
- Maintain and restore VM backups and snapshots.
- Update system process documentation, guides, diagrams, and SOPs
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance such as general
computer tasks, backup/restore, application loads, disk
utilization, system loading and monitoring
- Detect, isolate, document, quickly report, and resolve system
outages or problems encountered during operations of the
operational system baseline
- Collect diagnostic data describing the environment at the time
of the failure, restore system operation, develop workarounds, and
other activities necessary for recovery of a system
- Document problems in logging and discrepancy reporting
- Support O&M Discrepancy Report investigation and
- Perform system performance trend analysis as required
- Support system engineering as required for ongoing analysis and
- Work with external maintenance engineers across multiple
locations providing enterprise-level maintenance support with
You'd be a great fit if...
- Requires Bachelor's (or equivalent) with minimum 5 years of
experience, or equivalent experience in the following:
- Multiple Windows / UNIX / Linux Operating System environments,
including installation and patching
- Virtualized processing and/or virtualized storage
- Software application maintenance on systems running a variety
of operating systems
- Good communication skills to effectively and accurately
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing
- Contribute to completion of project milestones under the
specific guidance of program leadership
- Must be available to work after hours on a call-in basis
- Must have a current DODI 8570.1-M IAT Level II certification or
must obtain the certification within first 60 days of employment
(i.e., Security+ CE)
Would be even better if...
- You have some experience with Backup and Recovery - EMC Avamar,
EMC Networker, Veritas Netbackup
- Have Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform (VSP) experience
- Possess VMware Certified Professional (VCP) experience
- Have your Redhat Linux certification
W hat you'll get...
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
- This position requires the candidate to already possess an
active TS/SCI with poly and to maintain the clearance.
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security?
Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established
portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work
differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate,
an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part
of the Peraton team, you'll be part of our movement to build a
great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind
today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to
secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation,
and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, Chantilly , Tier III Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!