Information Systems Security Officer III
Posted on: July 12, 2019
Overview Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of
people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company
founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together
by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most
complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers,
investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create
innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to
adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and
develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers. Perspecta
works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence,
civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our
high-calibre employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through
competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to
create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands
ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer -
Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Responsibilities An Information System Security Officer (ISSO)
includes skill requirements from a security office for all
information technology issues such as malicious code eradication,
configuration management, assessment and authorization of current
and future systems. ISSOs shall know how to implement common
information system security practices, policies, and technologies.
Additionally, ISSOs demonstrate self-motivation, initiative, sound
judgement, effective interpersonal skills, team building skills,
and effective communication skills. The Level-3 ISSO position is a
senior level or subject matter expert (SME) information system
security professional who provides advice and assistance to the
Government regarding secure configuration and operation of IT
assets. Level-III ISSOs apply extensive knowledge and experience of
a variety of information system security concepts, practices, and
procedures. ISSO Level-3 contractors should be able to perform the
- Conduct research and analysis.
- Understand network and information system security principles
and best practices.
- Control, label, scan for viruses, and appropriately transfer
data (uploading/downloading) between information systems at varying
- Understand and apply network security principles, practices,
- Maintain a working knowledge of cross-functional integration of
information systems into a physical security environment.
- Possess a working knowledge of system functions, security
policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security
- Understand system methodologies including but not limited to
client Servers, web hosting, web content Servers, policy Servers,
directory Servers, Firewalls, WAN, LAN, Switches, and Routers.
- Possess expertise in detecting and preventing computer security
compromises in a networked environment.
- Understand configuration management, system maintenance, and
- Possess expertise in the use of tools to prevent and/or negate
- Understand COTS tools that scan at the physical layer of all
removable and fixed media types, including but not limited to: CDs,
hard drives, thumb drives, Zip/Jazz, etc.
- Decipher and explain in clear language Intelligence Community
Directive (ICD) 503.
- Possess expertise in forensics and evidentiary
- Troubleshoot technical configurations and make recommendations
on the protection of classified and sensitive data.
- Translate technical information and information technology
jargon into plain English.
- Apply a risk management philosophy when faced with security
challenges and articulate the pro's and con's in a clear concise
- Demonstrate proficiency with various computer operating
systems, including but not limited to: Microsoft Windows, Linux,
UNIX, Mac OS, etc.
- Decipher complex technical configuration management
- Demonstrate proficiency with database maintenance.
- Elicit, articulate, and document information in a
- Be able to work independent of close supervision.
- Possess experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Understand applicable IC and DoD policies, procedures and
operating instructions related to Information Technology,
Information Assurance, and Information Management (IT/IA/IM).
- Utilize excellent communication, interpersonal, and
team-building skills to engender rapport with the military
personnel, civilians, and other contractors at all levels.
- Prioritize work to meet deadlines and to manage the workflow of
the ISSO team.
- Correlate audit results between various systems and/or users
and notify the ISSM of any discrepancies.
- Demonstrate proficiency in successfully guiding complex
information systems through assessment and authorization control
- Establish and maintain effective internal and external working
relationships with government and contractor program managers,
security professionals, and mission partners.
- Effectively provide ISSO guidance to Level-1 and Level-2 ISSOs.
Qualifications Requires 5 to 8 years with BS/BA or 3 to 5 years
with MS/MA or 0 to 2 years with PhD. The following qualifications
are desired: a. Education relevant to computer engineering,
information security, information management, and/or computer
b. Experience in technical project management
c. Any of the following certifications: CISA, GCIH, GCED, CISSP,
CASP, CAP, GSLC, CISM"
Keywords: Perspecta, Chantilly , Information Systems Security Officer III, IT / Software / Systems , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!