Software Developer- Python
Posted on: July 13, 2019
Technology is constantly changing and our adversaries are digitally
exceeding law enforcement's ability to keep pace. Those charged
with protecting the United States are not always able to access the
evidence needed to prosecute crime and prevent terrorism. The
Government has trusted in Peraton to provide the technical ability,
tools, and resources to bring criminals to justice. In response to
this challenge, Peraton is seeking a Software Developer with Python
experience to provide proven, industry leading capabilities to our
What you'll do...
- Develop, engineer and maintain a custom system used to ingest,
normalize, and store large datasets stored using a combination of
MySQL and NoSQL (Elasticsearch) technologies
- Design improvements for future ETL processes, to include using
cloud computing (AWS) to scale impact
You'd be a great fit if...
- You've obtained a BS degree and have ten (10) years of relevant
experience. However, equivalent experience may be considered in
lieu of degree.
- You have seven (7) or more years of experience in direct
performance of a major program, project or activity relating to
computer software development, computer programming and/or digital
- You have five (5) or more years of experience directly related
to developing and maintaining ETL processes
- You have three (3) or more years of experience directly related
to the following:
- Developing software applications in Python
- Developing with distributed message and task queue
technologies, preferably Celery and RabbitMQ
- Database development with Relational Databases and NoSQL
- Modern software development processes to include Agile and
- You are experience with database design and optimization for
- You have Linux shell scripting experience
- You have developed web applications with C# in .NET Core and
- You have a current Top Secret security clearance with SCI
eligibility and the ability to obtain a polygraph
It would be even better if you...
- You have database development experience with MySQL and
What you'll get...
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- Influence major initiatives *This position requires the
candidate to have a current Top Secret security clearance and the
ability to obtain a polygraph. Candidate must possess SCI
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security?
Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established
portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work
differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate,
an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part
of the Peraton team, you'll be part of our movement to build a
great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind
today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to
secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation,
and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, Chantilly , Software Developer- Python, IT / Software / Systems , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!