Senior Java Developer
Posted on: August 14, 2019
Overview Technology is constantly changing and our adversaries are
digitally exceeding law enforcement's ability to keep pace. Those
charged with protecting the United States are not always able to
access the evidence needed to prosecute crime and prevent
terrorism. The Government has trusted in Peraton to provide the
technical ability, tools, and resources to bring criminals to
justice. In response to this challenge, Peraton is seeking a Sr.
Java Engineer with an expertise in RESTful Services to provide
proven, industry leading big data capabilities to our customer.
Responsibilities What you'll do...
- Work on the front line of the research, development, design,
and deployment of a state of the art big data enterprise data
loading solution that will revolutionize the way our customer
interacts with their data.
- Responsible for designing, testing, coding, and developing Java
solutions to meet customer needs; ensuring software continues to
function normally through software maintenance, upgrade, and
testing; documenting the application, service and environment as a
reference for future operations and maintenance, including version
and platform upgrades.
- Responsible for the development of a Java-based application
using the Spring framework. Qualifications You'd be a great fit
- You've obtained a BS degree and have eight (8) years of
relevant experience. However, equivalent experience may be
considered in lieu of degree.
- You have eight (8) years of experience with programming and
software development including analysis, design, development,
implementation, testing, maintenance, quality assurance,
troubleshooting and/or upgrading of software systems.
- You have experience with RESTful Services.
- You understand relational databases.
- You have basic SQL or No-SQL query skills. It'd be even better
- Have experience with Data Warehouse API development.
- Have worked with AWS.
- Have prior experience with ETL code and using and ETL
- Have experience using large scale, high-concurrency data
processing tools and methods.
- Have experience in solution design and development of Java
applications using Spring framework, and micro-services using
- Are comfortable with AWS Relational Database Service (RDS).
What you'll get...
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives .This position
requires the candidate to have a current Top Secret security
clearance and the ability to obtain a polygraph. Candidate must
possess SCI eligibility. About Peraton Are you ready to join the
next-generation of national security? Peraton is a fresh name in
the industry with an established portfolio and Legacy going back
more than a century. We work differently than our peers - with
agility, the freedom to innovate, an entrepreneurial spirit and a
culture of responsibility. As part of the Peraton team, you'll be
part of our movement to build a great company, solve the most
daunting challenges facing mankind today, to protect and promote
freedom around the world, and to secure our future, for our
families, our communities, our nation, and our way of life. EEO
Statement We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, Chantilly , Senior Java Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!