Systems Engineer (Operations / Systems Analysis)
Posted on: February 14, 2020
The Boeing Company is seeking a Systems Engineer (Level 3) in
Mountain View, CA or Chantilly, VA. The Systems Engineer will work
as a member of a 30-40 person project team maintaining and
developing multi-tiered, collection planning and analysis software
for a U.S. government customer using Agile/Lean/Scrum approaches.
Customer's enduring needs requires state of the art software
intensive systems to efficiently and optimally task, archive,
exploit, and disseminate data from hardware platforms e.g.
satellites, airplanes, ships, and ground embedded systems for
maximum intelligence value. Will perform effectively as part of a
globally disbursed team. -- --***CURRENT SSBI REQUIRED FOR THIS
POSITION*** Candidate must be willing to submit to sitting for
Polygraph. -- Offer is contingent upon security approval for
program access. Position may require on-call support after hours.
Overtime and some occasional shift work may be required. Some
business travel is required. -- --This position offers relocation
based on candidate eligibility. (Basic relocation is available for
internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)Primary
- Analyzing requirements, reviewing software designs, generating
test cases, test procedures, and test plans, and troubleshooting
discrepancies to fulfill customer needs.
- Troubleshoots and responds to software discrepancy reports.
- Prepares and presents status briefings and reports on assigned
projects. Communicates regularly with Program Management and
functional teams. --
- Communicates directly with customer and users to understand
need and resolve cross-functional technical issues. --
- Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan,
design, develop and verify basic lifecycle balanced system of
systems and system solutions.
- Evaluates customer/operational needs to define system
performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure
compatibility of all physical, functional and program
- Performs analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or
- Performs analyses for affordability, safety, reliability,
maintainability, testability, human systems integration,
survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security,
regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties
quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission
- Supports the planning, organization, implementation and
monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk,
issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment
processes.Boeing --is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer
applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana,
cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is
met as outlined in our policies. --Boeing is the world's largest
aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes
and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and
technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and
dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself,
for our customers and for the world.This position requires an
active U.S. Security Clearance with a Single Scope Background
Investigation (SSBI) that has been successfully completed within
the last 5 years. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active
in the past 24 months is considered active).Basic (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in an engineering or related
technical field is required.
- Experience with Imagery intelligence (IMINT) collection
processes and analytical methodologies.Preferred (Desired)
- Experience with Jira and Linux shell scripting.
- Background in Requirements Traceability is also preferred.
- Strong background in mathematics and physics, particularly
orbital mechanics, and algorithm expertise as it applies to
- Experience in multiple intelligence disciplines is
- Strong interpersonal skills.Typical Education /
ExperienceEducation/experience typically acquired through advanced
technical education from an accredited course of study in
engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
(e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work
experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and
experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In
the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not
required, accreditation standard.
Keywords: Boeing, Chantilly , Systems Engineer (Operations / Systems Analysis), Other , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!