Senior Systems Engineer
Posted on: March 28, 2020
Peraton is seeking a Systems Engineer in Chantilly, VA to
support our Intelligence Community customer as part of a highly
talented, highly motivated and high-performing team. As part of the
System Engineering team you will support an exciting program which
involves design, development, test, and deployment of an exciting
and complex system in an Agile construct to contribute to mission
success for a variety of stakeholders.
What you'll do---
Build software intensive systems in a team-oriented environment.
Specify, design, integrate, test, configure, deploy, train, and
document distributed information/knowledge management systems with
developmental components from multiple vendors for world-wide
distributed information dissemination, communications,
intelligence, and command and control systems.
You'd be a great fit if---
* You have a Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Computer
Science or related field. Additional experience may be considered
in lieu of degree
* You have 8+ years of verifiable related experience
* Experience working with Linux-based operating systems,
virtualization technologies, scripting languages for task
automation, and system configuration automation software (Puppet,
Chef, Ansible, etc..)
* System integration and testing, and system configuration of
networked services, file systems, and authentication
* Excellent oral and written communications skills.
* You posses an active Top Secret/SCI clearance
It'd be even better if you---
* Experience in designing, developing, and integrating a complete
satellite ground system to include infrastructure, processing
frameworks, and software components.
* Familiarity with any or all of the following, preferably in a
satellite ground system context: Object-oriented development
practices and processes, distributed computing technologies, web
services, SOA, networking technologies, requirements management
tools, scripting, automated test tools, modeling and simulation,
and/or security certification and accreditation processes.
* Experience working with Windows and Linux operating systems.
* Experience with distributed computing technologies.
* Experience with virtualization technologies (e.g. OpenStack,
Citrix XenServer Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, and/or VMWare),
Docker Containers, Ansible, and Heat templates.
* Experience with front end processing and network gateway
appliances and /or software.
* Experience working in a customer environment and/or a classified
What you'll get---
* An immediately-vested 401(K)
* Rapid PTO accrual schedule and 10 federal holidays
* Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
* Tuition reimbursement
* Cross-training and professional development opportunities
* The ability to influence major initiatives
This position requires the candidate to have an active TS/SCI
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, Chantilly , Senior Systems Engineer, Other , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!