Cyber Security Engineer
Posted on: May 15, 2020
Peraton is seeking a motivated, customer-oriented, Cyber
Security Engineer to provide engineering support and system
administration of specialized cybersecurity applications and
What you'll do---
* Provide deployment, operations and maintenance support for
deployed cybersecurity technologies.
* Provide subject matter expertise in creation, editing, and
management of signatures, rules, filters, and custom content for
specialized cybersecurity systems including but not limited to
network and host-based IDS, IPS, firewall, web application
firewall, proxy and SIEM systems.
* Integrate network taps on operational devices
* Perform engineering support and system administration of
specialized cybersecurity applications and systems to include
installation, configuration, maintenance, patching, and
* Administer cybersecurity test beds and tests and evaluate new
cybersecurity applications or tools, rules/signatures, access
controls, and configurations of cybersecurity platforms.
* Support Assessment and Authorization activities related to
* Identify potential conflicts with implementation of any
cybersecurity tools within the enterprise and develop
recommendations to remediate these conflicts.
* Contribute to the completion of milestones associated with
* Provide solutions to a variety of complex technical problems.
You'd be a great fit if---
* You possess a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science,
Information Technology, or Science, Technology, Engineering and
Mathematics (STEM) related field with 2-4 years of experience.
* You have hands-on experience in one or more security technology
such as Identity and Access Management, Cybersecurity Operations,
Cybersecurity Engineering, IT Security Audit, and Information
* You have expertise in cybersecurity enterprise scanning and
continuous monitoring, enterprise host/network security and
* You have expertise with COTS cybersecurity tools including at
least one of the following: HBSS (McAfee endpoint suite), ACAS
(Tenable/Nessus), SIEM technologies, RSA Archer, Redseal, and
FireEye host/network security products.
* You have expertise with cybersecurity architectural principles
such as defense in depth, resilience, and integrated security
* You have proven ability to convert functional cybersecurity
requirements into system requirements.
* You possess IAT Level II (GSEC, Security+, SSCP, or
CCNA-Security) or higher certification required or ability to
obtain within 6 months.
* You possess a current/active TS/SCI with polygraph.
It'd be even better if you---
* Currently possess IAT Level II (GSEC, Security+, SSCP, or
CCNA-Security) or higher certification
What you'll get...
* An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
* Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
* Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
* Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
* Paid maternity and paternity leave
* Company-paid infertility treatments
* Cross-training and professional development opportunities
* The ability to influence major initiatives
This position requires the candidate to possess current/active
TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, Chantilly , Cyber Security Engineer, Other , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!