SAIC is seeking a senior Logistics Specialist to work on a
dynamic, energized team on a leading edge technology program with
an exciting mission critical to national security objectives.
In this position, you will oversee and manage all logistics
related tasks at multiple locations in the Northern VA area. You
will develop and maintain asset management processes and
documentation to ensure strict adherence to customer and company
property management policies. Successful candidates in this
position will demonstrate an aptitude for creative problem solving,
attention to detail, negotiating competing priorities, and
excellent communication skills.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Oversee and manage all logistics related tasks at multiple
locations. Tasks include procurement, asset management, budgeting,
material management, material disposition, and transportation.
• Manage and coordinate all procurement actions and material
budgets. Tasks include development of bills of material, basis of
estimates, and procurement process compliance.
• Coordinate and perform property accountability functions and
property management functions in accordance with government
guidance and industry best practices.
• Maintain the asset monitoring system utilized to track and
disposition Government Furnished Property (GFP) issued to
• Implement inventory control processes to account for property
received, shipped, excessed, moved or transferred. Ensure
compliance to company standards in storage of goods, evaluate
inventory and perform physical count of stock to identify any
• Develop or tailor logistics plans, reports, records,
information technology documentation, and other acquisition
documentation to meet contractual reporting requirements.
• Recommend and manage continuous improvements to standard
logistics processes per the organizational logistics policy.
• Assist with market research, limited source justification, and
other documents, as required.
• Monitor/Coordinate license distribution and scheduled license
maintenance renewals to verify license purchase compliance and
accuracy of required software license maintenance.
• Manage shipping and receiving operations, to include
maintenance of all order forms and receive invoices as per company
• Must have current/active TS/SCI with Polygraph
• Must possess BS in Logistics, Supply Chain Management,
Business, or Related field with 14+ years of experience in
Logistics or related acquisition support. Additional 4 years of
experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Must have strong background in Microsoft Office Product
Suites: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio. Experience with
• Must have a good understanding of FAR directives for asset
management, contract management, and procurement.
• Must have ability to provide high level summary of results and
draw conclusions based on interpretation of data.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's
most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust
portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and
intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering,
IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and
emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our
own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative,
effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by
mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities.
Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual
revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit
saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC
benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA