Systems Engineer V - Readiness
Posted on: September 9, 2020
Business Group HighlightsIntelligence
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and
integration products and services, data analytics and software
development to national and military intelligence customers.
Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more
than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their
mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge
technologies, and innovative solutions.ResponsibilitiesSystems
Engineer V - Readiness:
The primary objective of this Intelligence Community contract is to
provide integration and closure; foundational system engineering
processes; mission assurance; service management; Model Based
Systems Engineering (MBSE); & Verification, Validation and
Transition (VV&T) systems engineering and technical support
services to an Intelligence Community customer that will enable it
to execute its responsibilities efficiently and effectively while
ensuring mission success.
The team is responsible for overseeing the acquisition-level
closure of requirements; overseeing system level readiness events
in support of enterprise, system and acquisition-level milestones;
leading and supporting project planning; assessing schedule and
risk; maintaining the document configuration management baseline;
providing technical support for the planning and execution of
enterprise and system-level verification, validation and transition
activities for national assets; generating and presenting
engineering briefings; and interfacing with numerous customers.
Additionally, Perspecta is responsible for configuring, operating,
and maintaining the customers Systems Engineering business process
tools as well as developing an integrated approach to implement
Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE).
As part of the Readiness team, you will be responsible for
conducting the Life Cycle Readiness Process for Infrastructure
Services as well as System and Enterprise level Domain milestones.
This Intelligence Community contract conducts detailed assessments
of acquisition programs to support the design, development, and
deployment of intelligence collection systems. Support will span
all aspects of the project development lifecycle from upfront
conception planning, to requirements construction, oversite of
development contractors, test & inspection, and through operational
deployment. Candidates will be aligned to one or more projects
based on both assessing candidates skills and experience, and by
understanding candidates career aspirations to ensure they are
supporting a project that aligns to their career path.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Primary area of responsible is to assist the government in
determining the overall maturity of an acquisition at each stage of
the Intelligence Community Lifecycle acquisition process.
- Work directly with the customer developing readiness execution
plans, entry and exit criteria, schedules, product review
checklists and other products necessary to execute successful
readiness reviews of new or modified capabilities/services for the
enterprise and system.
- Plan, schedule, and lead weekly tag-up meetings for your
assigned Independent Review Team (IRT) events.
- Operate Readiness management tool to support the
identification, control, reporting, and auditing of review item
- Review IRT findings and develop initial recommendation for
- Draft initial out brief of team findings and coordinate with
all appropriate stakeholders in advance of the final IRT
- Support closure activities to includes documenting decision
memo, capture lessons learned, and track action and lien
- May train new team members in the use of Readiness
tools/Processes and the implementation of quality standards.
- Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA, 8 to 10 years with
MS/MA/MBA, or 5-7 years with a PHD
- Must have and maintain an active TS/SCI security
- Strong System Engineering or Systems Integration experience
with knowledge of each step of the system engineering V.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with senior government
customers, keep all stakeholders informed, prioritize tasks, and
- Working knowledge of, and demonstrated experience with change
management processes (e.g., RFC process).
- Strong analytical skills and ability to develop and recommend
solutions for problems/issues.
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Good customer teaming skills; ability to collaborate in
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and
- Responsible and reliable; follow up on actions and the ability
- Develop new process metrics for process improvement that help
determine how well the overall process is working.
- Experience with GEOINT, SIGINT and/or COMM systems and overall
space and ground architecture.
- Experience with core Systems Engineering Disciplines
(Requirements, Schedule, Risk, Readiness, System Closure, VV&T,
- Familiarity with the Intelligence Community, and associated
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills, and ability
to lead technical forums.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Tools.
- A passion for learning, helping others, sharing team knowledge,
and contributing value to the mission in any way possible.
*Due to workplace precautions/restrictions in light of COVID-19,
employees may be required to work shift work. Schedules will return
to core hours, Monday-Friday, once precautions/restrictions are
removed.About PerspectaWhat matters to our nation, is what matters
to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative
research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one
imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was
formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the
public sectorfrom investigative services and IT strategy to systems
work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nations most complex
challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than
48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just
that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer -
Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not
otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the
disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b)
in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action,
including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c)
consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
Keywords: Perspecta, Chantilly , Systems Engineer V - Readiness, Other , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!