GEOINT Solution Architect
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Job #: R-00045833
Location: Chantilly, VA
Category: Systems Engineering
Schedule (FT/PT): Full Time
Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the time
Potential for Telework: No
Clearance: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Referral Eligibility : Eligible
Group: Intelligence Description Job Description:The GEOINT
Solutions Architect (SA) has primary and multi-disciplinary skills
to cost-effectively architect innovative, cloud-based GEOINT
solutions for National Geospatial Intelligence Agency (NGA) and
other customers. The SA interprets customer requirements and
develops internal requirements and design solutions based on
alternative analysis, providing detailed assessments against
requirements (technical, cost, business, security, schedule),
establishing the overall system architecture baselines. The SA is
responsible for meeting the technical requirements for the
organization's overall business objectives. The SA will provide
vision and technical direction to all the system areas including,
for example, computer vision, machine learning, structured
observation management, object-based production, exploitation of
imagery / video / WAMI / GMTI and other sensor types, geographic
information systems (GIS) as well as interfaces to pre-existing,
emerging and new adjacent systems, and transition from
currently-deployed systems.Primary Responsibilities
- Assesses customer objectives, goals, intents, requirements,
standards, etc. and translate into high level system objectives and
- Establishes and maintains the system baseline.
- Coordinates with IRAD teams and program teams to leverage prior
experience, products and expertise
- Directly participates in IRAD design and development toward
closing specific customer gaps and building discriminating
- Performs customer requirement interpretation, develops internal
requirements to support the design and delivery of the system.
- Establishes architecture baselines and works with the
engineering team to allocate requirements to all elements of the
- Leads the development of trade-off alternatives evaluating
make-buy feasibility by performing concept exploration using
established trade-off techniques to identify the best solution
inclusive of cost, schedule, function, performance, security, and
risk using figures of merit.
- Develops realistic use cases and scenarios that the program
will encounter and tests various solutions performing proof of
concept demonstrations or experiments.
- Evaluates architecture solutions and creates models of the
target architecture alternatives to study the positive/negative
- Develops technical performance measurement objectives and
produces models to track progress in meeting the performance
- Documents the design with multiple views for various usage
levels (technical architectural level, business level, operational
level, maintenance level, etc.)
- Develops the system, subsystem and hardware/software
specifications inclusive of a concurrent engineering team.
- Verifies conformance of the design to specification
requirements and the established baseline.
- Produces engineering work products for the system under design
to include: commercial software products, cloud-based APIs,
pre-existing Leidos software, specifications, plans and
- Identifies and quantifies risks and develops mitigation
- Organizes and optimizes the integration of systems, businesses
and people so that the interaction is highly efficient and operates
as a whole.
- Designs and defines interfaces between subsystems and external
entities minimizing the amount of information to be exchanged.
- Develops transition strategies, plans and processes for
migration from a legacy system and for co-evolving components of
systems and their integration.
- Works with software engineering to develop and interpret
requirements in the context of components and systems.
- Support system integration, test, acceptance and
operations/maintenance during all phases of a program.
- Conducts system requirements reviews, design reviews,
preliminary and critical design reviews with concurrent engineering
teams and contractors to monitor and measure the progress of the
system being designed.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for
accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities
to add value to job accomplishments.
- Enhances the engineering team accomplishments and competence by
planning delivery of architectural solutions; answering technical
and procedural questions for less experienced team members;
teaching improved processes; mentoring team membersBasic
- Requires a relevant technical degree, Master's and 15+ years of
- Expertise in software development and system integration
specifically in the GEOINT domain i.e. image processing,
photogrammetry, GIS, etc.
- Working knowledge of new and emerging technologies such as
computer vision, machine learning, structured observation
management, object based production, crowd-sourced data labeling,
- Expertise in Cloud based system development and DevOps.
- Experience working with US Government specifications and
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Clearance
- Must have Excellent communication and proven writing skills
(including proposal writing) to work with all levels of customer
and internal organizationsPreferred Qualifications
- Expertise in machine learning, artificial intelligence,
computer vision specifically applied to overhead GEOINT data
- Demonstrated experience in transitioning research-level
maturity software into solutions ready to be deployed and used by
operational intelligence analysts.
- Prior experience working with operational intelligence
analysts, giving a grounded appreciation for solutions that would
be practical in a real-world environment
- Prior experience working on advanced GEOINT technologies for
NGA Research, DARPA, IARPA, AFRL or othersExternal Referral
Bonus:EligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Top
Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:Yes, 25% of the timeScheduled
Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob
Family:Systems EngineeringPay Range: About LeidosLeidos is a
Fortune 500 -- --information technology, engineering, and science
solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest
challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil,
and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital
missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in
Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately
$11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more
information, visit www.Leidos.com . Pay and BenefitsPay and
benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we
craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work
we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive
compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid
Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .Securing
Your DataLeidos will never ask you to provide payment-related
information at any part of the employment application process. And
Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent
from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting
to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any
other personal information, please report the email to
email@example.com .Commitment to DiversityAll qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship,
religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic
information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry,
domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis
prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with
relevant laws. Description Job Description:The Leidos
Intelligence... Description Job Description:The Tier 2 Network...
Join our Talent Community to create a profile, enabling a
streamlined application process and to help our recruiters better
understand your areas of expertise and interest. Contact us about
product information and pricing, customer feedback, stockholder
services, or just to voice a concern.
Keywords: Leidos, Chantilly , GEOINT Solution Architect, Other , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!