Electrical Engineer / Principal Electrical Engineer (Secret or Higher)
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: April 8, 2021
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions.
In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman
brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable
strategic planning. We're looking for innovators, who can help us
keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable,
integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel
those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we will support
yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills,
whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At
Northrop Grumman, you will have the resources, support, and team to
do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a talented
self-motivated andenergetic Electrical Engineer / Principal
Electrical Engineer to work in Chantilly, VA. The candidate will
perform engineering development activities to include design, test,
checkout, fabrication, modification, and assembly of electronic and
electromechanical systems, experimental design circuitry, and
prototype models, and be capable of operating specialized test
equipment. Applications may include analog, digital and/or video
type circuits and logic systems. Our ideal candidate will create
schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, defined
plans to perform routine testing, troubleshooting, prototype
building, environmental testing, and simple developmental
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate electrical systems, products, components, and
applications by designing and conducting research programs;
applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Perform routine operational tests and fault isolation on
development systems and equipment to ensure conformance with design
- Diagnose and isolate malfunctions down to component level.
- Conduct defined engineering tests and collect data as
- Utilize routine development or diagnostic equipment including
oscilloscope, DMM, bench power supplies, signal generators, and
similar test equipment as required.
- Perform research and report on industry trends and research on
new devices and systems as identified.
- Effectively report and share information and knowledge skills
gained from any research obtained from others, from outside vendors
or through in-house research.
- Confirm system's and components' capabilities by designing
testing methods; testing properties.
- Develop electrical products by studying customer requirements;
researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and
- Develop manufacturing processes by designing and modifying
equipment for building and assembling electrical components;
soliciting observations from operators.
- Assure product quality by designing electrical testing methods;
testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Prepare product reports by collecting, analyzing, and
summarizing information and trends.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as
needed. This position maybe filled at a level 2 or 3 aligned with
the Basic Qualifications shown below.
- An active DoD Secret Clearance or higher is required.
- Level 2: 2 years of experience with a bachelor's degree in
science; 0 with a masters
- Level 3: 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with
Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
- Demonstrate considerable knowledge of the job and understanding
general aspects of the job and its requirements
- The ability to design and build engineering models to provide
improved capabilities to customer Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in the design and development of microelectronics,
reverse engineering, material sciences an overall understanding of
custom electrical engineering techniques used in the integration of
complex electrical systems in tightly constrained spaces.
- Experience with various computer/hardware interfaces such as
USB 2.0/3.x, RS-232 serial port, I2C, SPI, JTAG, and SATA.
- Experience or education in firmware development, C language
programming, Microchip PIC microcontrollers, and general
microcontroller system development.
- Experience or training in basic surface mount technology (SMT)
soldering and assembly skills. Northrop Grumman is committed to
hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age,
veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our
complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit
www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most
positions. Associated topics: c++, c c++, computer engineering,
malware, optical, radar
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Chantilly , Electrical Engineer / Principal Electrical Engineer (Secret or Higher), Other , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!