SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER - Sensor Integration Engineer
Company: Aerospace Corporation
Posted on: May 1, 2021
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a
generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally
funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed
exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span
every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our
team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you
personally.Summary of Responsibilities The Sensor Integration
Architectures and Acquisition sub-division leads Aerospace efforts
in a program office charged with evolving the National
Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) enterprise. As a valued
contributor to the National Security Space enterprise, you will
help define the ground architecture for a sensor program of
critical importance. By joining this team, you are putting yourself
in a position to directly influence both NRO and NGA ground
architectures and to be part of innovating resilient solutions that
trade desires against acquisition, political, and war-fighting
- Leading and assisting development and acquisition of
geospatial-intelligence ground systems.
- Delivering independent and objective advice on NGA support and
integration into various Intelligence Community agencies.
- Assisting and advising the development of systems engineering
and integration testing expertise, analytic capability development,
and geospatial-intelligence budget planning and programming.
- Delivering independent and objective reviews on ground systems
architecture geospatial-intelligence actions, documents,
strategies, plans, and issues.
- This position requires co-location at a Government site in
Springfield, VA, local travel in the Washington DC area and
occasional domestic travel to meetings and workshops.Required
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, mathematics or
related technical discipline from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 12 years in roles of increasing responsibility.
- Experience in systems engineering and integration testing and
- Demonstrated ability to lead mixed government, SETA, and FFRDC
teams in technical, architecture, strategy, and systems engineering
projects and tasks.
- Expertise in the application of space-based intelligence
systems in support of strategic intelligence and combat
- This position requires the ability to have and maintain a
current and active TS/SSBI/SCI security clearance which is issued
by the US Government. US citizenship is required to obtain a
- Experience and expertise in geospatial-intelligence collection
systems, operations, and intelligence analysis.
- Experience with DevOps and Infrastructure as Code.
- Familiarity with program management, DOD budget programming,
requirements, and acquisition processes.
- Advanced degree in a relevant field and certification as a
Systems Engineering Professional.Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide all the
details of our industry-leading benefits and career development
opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance
your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire
- Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable)
- 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, regardless of
whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)We are all unique, from
diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all
of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This
core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace
Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment The Aerospace Corporation
is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe
that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique
ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued,
producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including
pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color,
religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national
origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical
condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other
characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an
individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs
assistance using our online job search and application tools or
need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application
process, please contact us by phone at or by email at . You can
also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the
supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement . -
provided by Dice
Keywords: Aerospace Corporation, Chantilly , SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER - Sensor Integration Engineer, Other , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!