Senior Network Engineer
Posted on: May 2, 2021
- We are looking for a Network Engineer to join our team in
Chantilly, VA. The team is made up of highly technical and
motivated individuals. The engineer for this role will design and
implement solutions to complex problems. As such, this individual
must be an independent thinker and excellent problem
The entire program is made up of several teams located in
various remote locations in varying time zones. As a result, the
engineer must have excellent communication skills and be flexible
with regards to team work and tasking. A demonstrated ability to
perform in cross-functional teams in order to achieve results in a
timely manner is desired.
This position is for an engineer with proven experience in
supporting, maintaining and upgrading an existing
wide-area-network. The network
deploys various types of networking and IT equipment. The
candidate will be responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting
all components of the network. The candidate must be able to
support best practices regarding network upgrade and growth
strategies as well as network security and efficiency
implementations. The ideal
candidate must be an independent problem solver, strong
self-motivator and be comfortable taking the initiative on
- Master's Degree and 15 years' experience. Additional years of
experience and certifications may be considered in lieu of a
- Active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information security
clearance with a polygraph.
- Be able to obtain a US passport to travel OCONUS 2 to 4 times
per year if necessary.
- Proven physical network architecture development and
- Experience configuring, deploying and troubleshooting Cisco
routers, switches and ASAs
- Implement VLANs and secure tunnels.
- Experience with various routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF).
- Integration and test experience.
- Ability to think and act strategically.
- Be capable of working independently or as part of a team.
- CCNA and CISSP certifications
- PBX configuration and deployment
- Experience with VoIP
- Experience with MPLS
- Linux system administration
- Knowledge of bulk encryption devices
- Experience with E1 and T1 framing conversion equipment
Microwave radio systems knowledge
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Network Administration and Ops
Keywords: Leidos, Chantilly , Senior Network Engineer, Other , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!