Sr. Database Administrator
Company: UNICOM Government, Inc
Posted on: May 2, 2021
Overview:UNICOM Government, Inc. is looking for a Senior
Database Administrator (DBA) to join our Engineering team in
Chantilly, VA. The Senior Database Administrator is responsible for
24/7 administration of all database systems (Oracle/Microsoft SQL
Server) in the enterprise and AWS RDS. The position works closely
with Application Development, E-Commerce, System Administrators,
and others to ensure database integrity and availability. This
employee will be in the IT Infrastructure team, with a specific
focus on database administration including .NET web application
development support. The ideal candidate will be flexible and
flourish in a fast-paced and challenging environment. They should
be a self-starter, self-motivator, and possess ingenuity to excel
at this position. Primary Responsibilities:
- Manage backup, replication and recovery, security, performance
tuning, and optimization across multiple database management
- Assist with architectural design and implementation of new
databases as well as upgrades and improvements to existing
- Troubleshoot and resolve database related issues
- Participate in the design and implementation of database
environments to meet the needs of the organization.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Supervisory
Responsibilities:None Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience with Oracle Data Guard for multi-site
failover and smarter use of standby databases for reporting and
analysis functions, rather than sitting idle awaiting failover
- 3+ years of experience with .NET development.
- Experience administering databases in a 24/7 large-scale
enterprise environment using Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience managing and implementing database security.
- Experience managing enterprise RDBMs across multiple platforms
and environments such as Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle running on
Microsoft Windows, Linux, or UNIX.
- Must have experience conducting database maintenance,
performance tuning and optimization, such as tuning SQL principles
- Demonstrated experience working closely with both application
analysts, developers, and system administrators to ensure database
integrity and availability.
- Demonstrated experience moving and integrating data between and
across heterogeneous database systems.
- Experience migrating oracle on-premise to AWS RDS. Knowledge,
Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong "security first" advocacy and encouragement when
creating and managing on-premise and cloud databases.
- Expert in coding and querying
- Strong focus on backup, replication, recovery, and restore
- Expert knowledge of database architecture, design principles,
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify and resolve root cause
- Successful track record of installing, configuring, and
applying updates to RDBMs.
- Ability to architect database environments to meet the needs of
- Ability to enact and promote process improvement related to
database management, maintenance, and support.
- Expert knowledge related to implementing and monitoring data
replication between heterogeneous platforms.
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft and PeopleTools
- Working knowledge of WebLogic. Certificates, Licenses,
Registrations:None Travel Requirements: Some local travel may be
required between site locations as business demands require.
Security Clearance: None Physical Demands/Requirements: The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands
and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls;
operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs;
balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee
must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds.Work
Environment: Typical office environment. At UNICOM Government,
Inc., our top priority is our people. We support our employees in
maintaining a healthy work-life balance by providing unique
programs and comprehensive benefits that are important to today's
busy professionals.UGI's benefits include Medical, Dental, and
Vision plans, life and disability insurance, 401K, short and
long-term disability- and flexible spending. UGI employees also
enjoy observance of federal holidays, a family-friendly
environment, flexible work schedules, and an onsite gym. If you are
interested in a career with UGI, please visit to learn more and
apply directly to our openings.Thank you for your interest in
UNICOM Government, Inc.We are proud to be an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Male/Female/Disabled/VeteranApplicants can learn more about the
company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the
federal "EEO is the Law" poster at EEOPost.pdf One Mission. Yours.
- provided by Dice
Keywords: UNICOM Government, Inc, Chantilly , Sr. Database Administrator, Other , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!