Sr. Data Analyst
Company: Alex Alternative Experts, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Proven processes. Proven people. Proven performance by a
trusted, award-winning solutions provider and partner.
Title: Sr. Data Analyst
Location: Chantilly, VA
Clearance Level: TS/SCI
The Data Analyst works on a critical mission requirement that
will ultimately enable a more comprehensive, scalable, flexible
data environment, and rigorous Artificial Intelligence (AI) and
Machine Learning (ML) ready analytic data environment for a key
player in the IC.
The Data Analyst is responsible for the following:
- Identifying data gaps or issues with data formats.
- Provides analysis of daily business processes, working with
business process reengineers and human factors engineers to ensure
realistic solutions are recommended to improve daily operations
while ensuring confidence of the real-world users.
- Applies past FMI database experience and knowledge to interpret
existing workflows and policies. Runs use cases/use stories of
existing information flows and workflows.
- Collaborates with stakeholders and external FMI database
managers/users to gather known issues and recommended improvements
for a new environment and maximize the information available from
external FMI databases.
- Filters and cleans data by reviewing reports, and performance
indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Implements controls and compliance metrics to reduce data
issues and improve data quality and integrity. Identifies and
leverages opportunities to continually improve the quality of data
management systems, processes, and standards.
- Performs database queries, constructs data sets, and prepares
- Provides data definitions, establishes data quality
expectations, ensuring compliance with those expectations, and
analyzes and applies data.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 8-11+ years of experience*.
- Applied comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high
- Ability to plan and lead major technology assignments.
- Experience evaluating performance results and recommending
major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
- Functional experience as a technical expert across multiple
- Ability to supervise others.
- Familiarity with datawarehousing.
- In depth exposure to SQL and analytics.
- Python statistical programming.
- Strong understanding of Hadoop based analytics (Hbase, Hive,
- Data storing and retrieving skills and tools.
- Familiar with various ETL tools - for transforming different
sources of data into analytics data stores.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Hands-on experience in DIA and external FMI data repositories
such as Cornerstone, FISHnet, FounDRI, GALE, MIDB, etc.
Education and Certifications:
- BA/BS in related field, additional 4 years of experience can be
substituted in lieu of a degree*
- IAT Level II or III desired
Keywords: Alex Alternative Experts, Inc., Chantilly , Sr. Data Analyst, Other , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!