Research Assistant III-Lab Operations (Immunochemistry)
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Join our Team today!! If you have a passion for Science, being
in the lab and experience running ELISA's and other Immunoassays,
then check out the opportunity to join our BioA team in Chantilly,
- Organizes, conducts and evaluates analytical results and
- Maintains study documentation and laboratory records.
- Independently sets-up, maintains, operates and performs routine
and non-routine maintenance on general equipment, including problem
identification and resolution.
- Performs quality control review of data.
- Informs Study Director, Principal Investigator and/or
management of any problems and/or deviations that may affect
integrity of the data; participates in corrective action of
- Promotes a cohesive team environment.
- With supervisory assistance, assures technical staff compliance
to SOPs and other regulatory agency guidelines.
- Assists in setting up and performing method development and
validation of various analytes in a variety of matrices.
- Performs complex analyses using unfamiliar or new methods,
asking for scientific guidance as needed.
- Makes suggestions for modifications in test methods or
- Provides input and participates in project meetings, plans,
monitors and guides project work.
- With supervisory assistance, serves as a lead chemist on
projects, overseeing a small group of technical staff.
- Trains, mentors, and assists less experienced staff.
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
- Participates in new equipment and instrument assessment and
qualification, as appropriate.
- Participates in client visits as needed, assists in
communicating technical information.
- Participates in process improvement initiatives.
- Assists in evaluation of data for incorporation into written
- Effectively plans and utilizes personnel and resources for
timely completion of assigned projects.
- Assists in writing reports and protocols.
- Writes SOPs and methods.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Who we are and what we do:
Covance by Labcorp is a global, world-leading Life Sciences CRO
that provides dedicated and fully comprehensive laboratory testing
and drug development services to the pharmaceutical industry.
At Covance by Labcorp, we offer opportunities to work on
diverse, challenging projects with talented colleagues while
building a flexible and rewarding career. We put our trust in
science and in one another. This is your chance to become part of a
team that helps to bring the miracles of medicine to market sooner,
as Covance has helped pharmaceutical and biotech companies develop
one-third of all prescriptions medicines in the market today.
- Bachelor of Science/Arts (BS/BA) degree in chemistry or related
- Relevant Bioanalytical experience may be substituted for
- Ability to perform advanced computer skills (e.g., Word,
- 4 + years related or relevant laboratory experience required
with a BS/BA degree.
- Familiar with the use of standard laboratory equipment (e.g.,
balances, pipettes, centrifuges).
- Experience with use and trouble shooting of analytical
- Effective communication (verbal and written), presentation and
- Ability to design and independently conduct tests for chemistry
projects and provide initial analysis of results.
- Acts as technical resource for the department (trouble
shooting, method development, qualification, maintenance and
- Evaluates data for incorporation into written reports.
- Advanced time management skills to complete project assignments
on time, with minimal or no supervision.
- Able to effectively schedule resources.
- Understands and helps staff with compliance to SOPs and other
regulatory agency guidelines.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities, recommends
solutions and implements action plans.
- Able to effectively communicate, both verbally and in
- Effectively interacts with internal and/or external
- Acts as a project leader.
- Ability to assist in the preparation of relevant sections of
- Knowledgeable on a variety of study types, analysis procedures
Keywords: Covance, Chantilly , Research Assistant III-Lab Operations (Immunochemistry), Other , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!