Cyber Security Engineer
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Avantus Federal, a NewSpring Holdings Company, is a
mission-focused services and solutions company headquartered in
McLean, VA. Drawing upon its heritage companies' histories of
consistent growth and high performance in the federal services
market, Avantus ensures eminence is earned, sustained and
Avantus' services and solutions are designed, tailored, and
executed based on our long history of helping our Homeland
Security, Defense, Intelligence, and Federal Civilian customers
solve complex challenges. Our capabilities include Project &
Portfolio Management, Facilities, Acquisition & Sustainment,
Systems Engineering Technical Services, Operations & Analysis,
Transformation & Advisory Services, Data & Software Solutions,
Digital Innovation, and Augmented Intelligence.
We are looking for Cyber Security Engineer to help plan,
develop, and execute engineering and development activities for our
- Communicate system security architecture, design, and
implementation recommendations with team leads and senior
- Help determine technical goals in consultation with staff
- Make detailed plans to accomplish technical goals.
- Identify reusable architectures/components for possible
application to the effort.
- Recommend adoption priorities for reusable
- Derive security control inheritance using reusable
architectures/components to increase the execution speed of the
- Provide enterprise service and security engineering expertise
while providing guidance to develop products deployed on the
- Focus on the systems engineering/cyber security engineering
- Investigate new technologies or products, evaluating, testing,
prototyping, and recommending products.
- Provide advice on system security architecture, design, and
- Assist with identification of AWS services and controls to be
used in pipeline development and provide AWS-focused application
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems,
Engineering, or other related scientific or technical
- Demonstrated capability in root cause analysis and solution
architecting of complex technical issues.
- Demonstrated experience preparing and providing information
security briefings to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated experience developing documentation to meet
security requirements and guidance.
- Demonstrated experience working with distributed networks.
- Demonstrated experience architecting, designing and
implementing Cloud Solutions.
- Demonstrated experience applying security risk assessment
methodology to system development, threat model development,
vulnerability assessments, and security risk analyses.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with FS polygraph required
Company EEO Statement
Avantus Federal is an equal opportunity employer and Vietnam Era
Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) federal contractor.
All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin,
age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status,
status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other
category protected by law. Avantus hires and promotes individuals
solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be
Keywords: Avantus, Chantilly , Cyber Security Engineer, Other , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!