Electrical Detailer - BIM
Company: Helix Electric
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Helix Electric was founded in 1985 and is now one of the
nation's largest and most successful electrical contracting
companies. Our commitment to empowering people and powering
projects is realized by our exceptional team of dedicated and
highly skilled experts working together and never settling for good
enough. We are proud of the team-oriented and employee-empowered
business approach that defines our unique character.
Our Electrical BIM Detailer is responsible for the BIM design of
power systems and/or building systems and systems infrastructures.
Within this role, BIM Detailers have a documented career path
leading to project management, preconstruction, cost engineering,
design engineering, and quality control roles.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES & SCOPE:
- BIM modeling of electrical systems
- Work under the direction of a Sr. BIM Detailers or BIM
- Collaborate and Coordinate with other disciplines by BIM
coordination meeting attendance.
- Adhere to BEP (BIM Execution Plan) and BIM project workflow
- Follow BIM content standards and development procedures
- Prepare electrical model content for BIM coordination
- Creation of shop drawings to provide to the field.
- Maintain a high level of verbal and written communication
- Leverage BIM software and tools as a methodology to coordinate
- Understand single line diagrams and electrical drawings.
- Regular field site visits with a possibility to be stationed on
a project site.
- Work with the Superintendents and Field personnel to understand
installation means and methods.
- Provide top service to our clients with consistent and concise
- 3-5 years of electrical BIM experience.
- Knowledge of Autodesk production software (AutoCAD MEP, Revit,
NavisWorks, APL, BIM 360)
- Dedication to learning, expanding knowledge, and continuous
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Superior organizational and prioritization skills.
- Problem-solving, acceptance of responsibility, and work
- Motivation to complete tasks on time and on budget.
- Must successfully pass a background/drug screen.
Helix Electric is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer committed to diversity in our workforce. It is our policy
to attract and retain the best-qualified people available, without
regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, disability or status as a Special Disabled
Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran or other qualifying veteran. Diverse
employees/candidates are encouraged to respond. Helix Electric is
committed to developing and maintaining a workplace which reflects
the diversity of the communities we serve. EOE
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/VEVRAA Federal
Keywords: Helix Electric, Chantilly , Electrical Detailer - BIM, Other , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!