Logistics Officer - Mission Support
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Vaxcom is currently seeking Mission Support Logistic Officers to
support our Customer's procurement and mission requirements in a
dynamic and challenging office environment.
Mission Support Logistics Officers utilize subject matter
expertise and advanced knowledge of logistical operations, complex
geographic and functional issues in order to provide strategic
guidance and property management to the customer. Logistics
Officers research, procure, manage, and synthesize large amounts of
property data/information in support of a variety of operational
and intelligence priorities. Officers will develop and maintain
broad networks across various agencies and the government.
Clearance: this position requires a current/active TOP SECRET
security clearance (with polygraph)
Experience with Maximo or Genesis highly desired
- Manage personnel in the areas of procurement, accountable
property, deployment, and property disposal
- Experience with Maximo or Genesis systems
- Negotiate with suppliers regarding price, lead time, ordering
quantities, shipping terms, and delivery expectations to achieve
ongoing cost containment and improvement
- Working with client logistics and other program personnel,
maintain an accurate CONUS & OCONUS accountable property inventory
and reconcile discrepancies
- Must be able to work independently in an extremely fast paced
- Monitor and expedite materials and services captured on
internal system database (ManagerPlus) to ensure promised delivery
dates are fulfilled and communicate delivery notification or
lead-time changes to requestors
- Process requisitions for approvals and place requirements with
prospective suppliers (to include client logistics team in certain
scenarios, using their internal acquisitions database). Request
quotes from vendors based on technical requirements
- Prepares and issues purchase order using CostPoint, according
to requirements. Track material requisitions and consumable orders
through material tracking log. Investigate and resolve issues
affecting timely ordering of requirements
- Assist with purchasing of materials and services within area of
assignment to include: ordering of materials through a variety of
internal and external sources; validating customer requirements
against regulations and cost estimates.
- Act as a liaison and manage relationships with corresponding
- Respond to clients ad hoc needs and take lead for developing
- Job duties may include potential short-term overseas TDY
opportunities (1-2 times a year).
Note: All candidates must be approved by the client to work at
Salary - We offer competitive compensation packages with plenty
of opportunity for advancement.
401K Program - Full-time employees are eligible on the 1st day
of the month following their date of hire. Employees are vested
Paid Time Off - Vaxcom is able to offer 20 days of leave to new
employees. In addition, we recognize 10 paid holidays per year; all
of which are floaters and may be taken on its designated date or on
any day following.
Keywords: Xator, Chantilly , Logistics Officer - Mission Support, Other , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!