Systems Engineer - NetBackup - Tier 3
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Ready to make an impact? Peraton has an exciting opportunity to
use your skills as a Systems Engineer to provide System Backup
engineering and maintenance services on Windows, UNIX, and Linux
system environments across the enterprise.
You will be working alongside talented integrators, engineers
and administrators in a high energy, mission focused environment.
The work is performed in multiple locations across the United
Delivering Excellence in Value and Capability for several years,
we drive mission-essential enterprise success to our U.S. Air Force
customers through optimal support of systems administration and
integration for an agency-unique processing and storage
- Perform Tier 3 backup maintenance and problem resolution
activities on mission systems running a variety of operating
systems including Linux and Windows
- VMWare administration responsible for configuration,
maintenance, monitoring, and overall support of multiple VMWare
- Setup, install, configure, maintain, and restore VM backups and
- Analyze system storage capacity and performance to support
problem resolution and system enhancements.
- Perform routine and preventative system maintenance such as
application loads, disk utilization, system loading, system
monitoring, trend analysis, etc.
- Detect, isolate, document, and resolve system outages or
problems encountered during operations, including collecting
diagnostic data, restoring system operation, developing
workarounds, and other activities for system recovery.
- You have a Bachelor's (or equivalent) and 6+ years of
- You have experience handling procedures for backup disks,
backup tapes Data Migration Facility (DMF), Veritas NetBackUp, and
Storage Gateway Service (SGS) Hitachi Content Platform (HCP)
- You have experience supporting backup activities across
multiple operating system platforms, including various versions of
UNIX, Linux, and Windows
- Experience with VMWare and its tools (vCenter, VRa, vRop,
- You can be an effective communicator (written and oral) across
multiple organizations, both internally and externally.
- You are IAT Level II (GSEC, Security+, SSCP, or CCNA-Security)
certified OR have a higher certification.
- You possess a current/active TS/SCI with polygraph.
- Possess VMWare Certified Professional (VCP) certification
- Experience with SpectraLogic family of Tape Libraries
This position requires the candidate to possess a current/active
TS/SCI security clearance with Polygraph.
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and
extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world's
leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise
IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national
security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and
secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government
agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian,
health, and state and local markets. Every day, our 22,000
employees do the can't be done, solving the most daunting
challenges facing our customers.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, Chantilly , Systems Engineer - NetBackup - Tier 3, Other , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!