Director, Human Resources - Space Business Unit
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Business Unit HR Director is responsible for the delivery of
HR strategies, solutions and services that align with the business
priorities and goals. The HRBP will work with management to deploy
innovative people solutions and assist in the overall business
operations of the Business Unit. The HRBP will develop solutions to
support client goals, improve operations, and increase process
efficiency. They must demonstrate discrete handling of all business
communications, prioritize workload, and manage multiple tasks in a
fast-paced environment. The HRBP also champions change initiatives
and focuses on overall organizational effectiveness.
- Proactively assess organizational performance to develop HR
solutions that support business strategies, enable leadership and
employee success and foster a high-performance culture, engagement
- Serve as a trusted advisor and partner to the business leaders
regarding HR policies, processes and best practices that drive
employee engagement and productivity. Act as a coach and consultant
on key organizational and management issues.
- Partner with the HR Centers of Expertise to design and
implement services and programs in the areas of strategic talent
management, organizational design and effectiveness, workforce
optimization and change management.
- Leverage workforce analytics and insights to effectively inform
the development and execution of employee development, deployment
and succession plans that support short and long-term workforce
priorities and goals.
- Partner with business leadership to inform and advocate for
career development, benefits and compensation, and retention
programs and strategies, in support of the business needs
- Work with leadership to identify opportunities to improve
employee and management engagement and recognition programs
- Provide proposal support, new business and re-compete talent
forecasting, and partner with talent acquisition on strategies
- Understand the Business Unit's current and future requirements
and develop strategies to support the business needs and develop
- Provide coaching and/or counseling to managers and employees as
- Provide analytical data on HR Metrics and develop plans and
action to reach business objectives
Partner with talent acquisition to drive staffing strategies to
meet staffing requirements.
Qualifications - External
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited university
- 15+ years of experience in Human Resources demonstrating
diverse background with increasing responsibility
- Experience leading and managing teams of 3 or more
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
interact with all levels of management and executives
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and
- Top Secret Clearance
- Experience in Federal Contracting
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's
modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across
defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end
solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate
the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem
to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500
strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by
opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual
revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or
Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity
Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion,
sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin,
disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse,
inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
Keywords: SAIC, Chantilly , Director, Human Resources - Space Business Unit, Other , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!