Embedded Software Engineer
OSBU | Chantilly, VA, United States
Why Join Rincon Research Corporation (RRC)?
At Rincon Research Corporation, our primary business is
innovating, developing, and fielding digital signal processing
(DSP) products and services for the United States Defense and
Intelligence Communities in support of national security.
Rincon Research Corporation seeks a self-starter to work in a
multi-disciplinary R&D environment with similarly motivated
engineers. Together, we create custom digital signal processing
solutions and communications systems in support of national
Come join the team that is creating cutting edge signal
processing, geolocation, and communication systems for the
What are the primary responsibilities in the Embedded Software
The position requires skill in development of software
applications and drivers. The right candidate will be expected to
demonstrate disciplined work habits leading to products that are
well-structured, documented, and carefully tested. Rincon Research
personnel can expect to work across all functional areas: systems
engineering, development, integration and test, deployment and
O&M. This position may also require direct interaction with end
users and customers.
What required background will make you successful?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or
- A minimum of 3 or more years of relevant software development
experience required, 8+ years desired
- Demonstrated expertise developing for Linux or embedded Linux
using C or C++.
- Experience writing device drivers for Linux
- Experience developing board support packages and/or APIs
- Good understanding of product lifecycle management including
configuration management, release management, and verification of
functional and performance requirements
- Ability to perform in both rapid-prototyping and formal-process
- Ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI security clearance
- US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
- Skill developing with Python or Java
- Windows device driver development experience
- Experience with middleware transport frameworks such as zeroMQ
- Basic understanding of electronic hardware such as
microprocessors, FPGAs, and RF components
- Understanding of computer networks
- Experience programming for high speed I/O such as PCIe, 10GbE,
Where is the position located?
This position is located at our Chantilly, VA office.
What benefits does RRC offer?
- 100% employer-paid premiums for family medical and dental
insurance, employee life insurance, short-term and long-term
disability (STD & LTD)
- Flexible reimbursement spending accounts for medical expense
and dependent care
- Immediate participation and vesting in the company's Employee
Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and 401(k) Plan
- Employer contributions to RRC's ESOP
- Employer matching contributions to the company's 401( k)
- Employer discretionary contributions to the company's 401(k)
Rincon Research Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and
considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability,
veteran status, or any other protected factor.