Fire Alarm Project Engineer
Company: Helix Electric
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Helix Electric was founded in 1985 and is now one of the
nation's largest and most successful electrical contracting
companies. Our commitment to empowering people and powering
projects is realized by our exceptional team of dedicated and
highly skilled experts working together and never settling for good
enough. We are proud of the team-oriented and employee-empowered
business approach that defines our unique character.
Our electrical Fire Alarm Project Engineer assists their Life
Safety Project Manager on projects and is the liaison between the
field and the office. In this role, the PE is responsible for
defining the project's objectives by planning, executing and
finalizing projects according to the schedule while keeping within
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES & SCOPE:
- Close support of senior project management team (PX/SPM).
- Develop project teams while delivering quality output, meeting
customer expectations, managing to scope, delivering on time, and
delivering within budget.
- Develop and support project management techniques and schedule
goals, procurement and contractual requirements, personnel
assignments, and capacity planning.
- Evaluate and continually improve the systems and processes used
by the department to effectively meet customer requirements and
profitability goals with an emphasis on strong internal unit
- Manage, mentor, and develop colleagues.
- Ensure schedule requirements are met. Readily adjust priorities
and milestones based upon changing customer needs, resource
availability, and job requirements.
- Interact with the customer to validate expectations are
understood and met before, during, and after project
- Provide close support and oversight for third-party
construction firms and subcontractors.
- Manage project review process with particular emphasis on
- Ensure high-quality engineering, studies, and Helix project
- Proactively and systematically communicate challenges, risks,
- Oversee monthly invoicing process per project terms and
negotiate appropriate change orders.
- Coordination with Site Superintendent(s) to understand and
assess installation methods, labor needs, and manpower
- Close support and oversight on adherence to the Quality Control
- Close support to ensure that all downstream team members are
meeting deadlines on assigned tasks.
- At least 3 years of project engineer experienced in fire alarm
and life safety construction.
- Understand engineering in electric power.
- Field experience coordinating with construction
- Extensive knowledge of project scheduling, bids, take-offs,
change orders and contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships and assist in
- Demonstrated ability to closely support the running of a
- Exceptional initiative, execution, and communication skills,
both oral and written.
- Exceptional analytical, motivational, and leadership
- BSEE or Construction Management degree strongly preferred.
- Journeyman or Master Electrician's license a plus.
Helix Electric is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer committed to diversity in our workforce. It is our policy
to attract and retain the best-qualified people available, without
regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, disability or status as a Special Disabled
Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran or other qualifying veteran. Diverse
employees/candidates are encouraged to respond. Helix Electric is
committed to developing and maintaining a workplace which reflects
the diversity of the communities we serve. EOE
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/VEVRAA Federal
Keywords: Helix Electric, Chantilly , Fire Alarm Project Engineer, Other , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!